Adrian Bailey campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Adrian Bailey’s voting in Parliament
Adrian Bailey is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Adrian Bailey’s votes.
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Adrian Bailey’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Adrian Bailey’s full vote analysis page for more.
Adrian Bailey has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Labour/Co-operative MP for West Bromwich West
Entered the House of Commons on 23 November 2000 — Byelection
Party was Labour/Co-operative until 11 Apr 2005; Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Prescriptions: Fees and Charges
- Vocational Training
- Criminal Investigation: Cyprus
- Metals: Recycling
- General Practitioners
Currently held offices
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 30 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (30 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (10 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (1 Oct 2009 to 23 Nov 2009)
- Member, West Midlands Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Bob Ainsworth, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (16 Oct 2008 to 30 Dec 2008)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (10 Mar 2008 to 30 Sep 2009)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (9 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2008)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Bob Ainsworth, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (28 Jun 2007 to 29 Sep 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Adam Ingram, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (20 Nov 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Hilary Armstrong, Minister of State (Cabinet)), Cabinet Office (8 May 2006 to 20 Nov 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon John Hutton, Secretary of State), Department for Work and Pensions (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) (17 Oct 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Adrian Bailey’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.72% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 66 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Adrian Bailey’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 315 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Two holiday properties in Cornwall, jointly owned with my wife: (i) and (ii).
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from