Adrian Bailey campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Adrian Bailey’s voting in Parliament
Adrian Bailey is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Adrian Bailey sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Adrian Bailey generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Adrian Bailey’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Adrian Bailey’s full vote analysis page for more.
Adrian Bailey has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I support the motion and, after some consideration, the Government amendment. I am prepared to support the Government amendment because it refers to the motion agreed on 12 October, which called on the Prime Minister “to ensure that this House is able properly to scrutinise that plan for leaving the EU before Article 50 is invoked”. I make it clear that, while accepting 31 March...
Order. I have to move to the Opposition spokespeople now.
More of Adrian Bailey’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for West Bromwich West
Entered the House of Commons on 23 November 2000 — Byelection
Party was Labour/Co-operative until 11 Apr 2005; Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Prescriptions: Fees and Charges
- Vocational Training
- Criminal Investigation: Cyprus
- Metals: Recycling
Currently held offices
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 30 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (30 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (10 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (1 Oct 2009 to 23 Nov 2009)
- Member, West Midlands Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Bob Ainsworth, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (16 Oct 2008 to 30 Dec 2008)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (10 Mar 2008 to 30 Sep 2009)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (9 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2008)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Bob Ainsworth, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (28 Jun 2007 to 29 Sep 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Adam Ingram, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (20 Nov 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Hilary Armstrong, Minister of State (Cabinet)), Cabinet Office (8 May 2006 to 20 Nov 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon John Hutton, Secretary of State), Department for Work and Pensions (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) (17 Oct 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from