Adrian Bailey’s voting in Parliament
Adrian Bailey is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Adrian Bailey sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Adrian Bailey generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Adrian Bailey’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Adrian Bailey’s full vote analysis page for more.
Adrian Bailey has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
Application of the pubs code 2016 – Adrian Bailey.
A constituent of mine and a veteran of two tours of Afghanistan, former Rifleman Lee Bagley, lost a leg after a non-theatre related injury incurred in February 2010. His subsequent complaint about delays to his treatment was dismissed in part because he was out of time. Will the Minister, under proposals to improve the armed forces covenant, ensure that, in any such circumstances again, the...
My hon. Friend is making an excellent case. Does he agree that, given the widespread evidence of the lamentable failure of some of the rail companies—consumer dissatisfaction, price rises and so on—there is a strong case for developing models of ownership that involve the users of the railways, those who work on the railways and investors in the railways? Such a form of...
More of Adrian Bailey’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for West Bromwich West
Entered the House of Commons on 23 November 2000 — Byelection
Party was Labour/Co-operative until 11 Apr 2005; Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
Adrian Bailey campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Prescriptions: Fees and Charges
- Vocational Training
- Criminal Investigation: Cyprus
- Metals: Recycling
Currently held offices
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (30 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (30 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (10 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (1 Oct 2009 to 23 Nov 2009)
- Member, West Midlands Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Bob Ainsworth, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (16 Oct 2008 to 30 Dec 2008)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (10 Mar 2008 to 30 Sep 2009)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (9 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Bob Ainsworth, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (28 Jun 2007 to 29 Sep 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Adam Ingram, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (20 Nov 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Hilary Armstrong, Minister of State (Cabinet)), Cabinet Office (8 May 2006 to 20 Nov 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon John Hutton, Secretary of State), Department for Work and Pensions (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) (17 Oct 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Jan 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
9 January 2017
, received £200 from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for an opinion survey. Hours: 1 hr. Fee donated to local charity. (Registered 25 January 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Two holiday properties in Cornwall, jointly owned with my wife: (i) and (ii).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from