A selection of William McCrea's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2007–2015
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, 11 absences, between 2008–2013
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 7 absences, between 2007–2012
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2013
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, 3 absences, between 2010–2013
We have lots more plain English analysis of William McCrea’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit William McCrea’s full vote analysis page for more.
Will the Minister tell the House what he believes has been the effectiveness of individual and continuous registration in Northern Ireland? Does he accept the importance and value of continuing the annual household canvass to achieve robust electoral registration?
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many people were deported from each constituent part of the UK in 2013 and 2014.
Does the hon. Gentleman accept that in Northern Ireland the construction industry is still having difficulties? Many of our major construction companies and the people working for them are having to come to the mainland to get contracts rather than staying in Northern Ireland. We need to encourage that industry.
More of William McCrea’s recent appearances
Former DUP MP for South Antrim, Former DUP MLA for South Antrim
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 25 June 1998 — General election
Left the Assembly on 1 July 2010 — Resigned
Also represented Mid Ulster
Topics of interest
- Northern Ireland
- Department of Health
- HM Treasury
- Crosshill Quarry
- Armed Forces: Northern Ireland
- Tax Credits
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft House of Lords Reform Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Jun 2011 to 26 Mar 2012)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (12 Jul 2010 to 26 Jan 2011)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (1 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (1 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow DUP Leader of the House of Commons (1 Jun 2009 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (1 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (16 Nov 2006 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Jun 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, National Insurance Contributions Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Chairman, House of Lords (Expulsion and Suspension) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, National Health Service (Amended Duties and Powers) Bill Committee (0 out of 13)
- Chairman, Deep Sea Mining Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Chairman, Financial Services (Banking Reform) Bill Committee (2 out of 6)
- Chairman, Prisons (Property) bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Financial Services (Banking Reform)Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Chairman, Presumption of Death Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Daylight Saving Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Budget Responsibility and National Audit Bill Committee (3 out of 4)
- Chairman, Health and Social Care Bill Committee (3 out of 40)
- Chairman, Mortgage Repossessions (Protection of Tenants Etc.) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Law Commission Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Dormant Bank and Building Society Accounts Bill Committee (2 out of 3)
- Justice and Security (Northern Ireland) Bill Committee (1 out of 4)
- Terrorism (Northern Ireland) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all William McCrea’s speeches
- Has received answers to 133 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 46.25% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 43 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 437 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
, Calvary Free Presbyterian Church, Mullaghboy Hill, Magherafelt. £364 per week plus Manse rent allowance (£120 per week). Hours: 30 hours per week (Updated 21 March 201 and 16 January 2015)
8. Land and Property
One half share in a house in England from which rental income is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from