Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
A selection of William McCrea's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 11 absences, between 2012–2014
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2013
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, 11 absences, between 2008–2013
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2011
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, 3 absences, between 2010–2013
Voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2010–2012
We have lots more plain English analysis of William McCrea’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit William McCrea’s full vote analysis page for more.
Will the Minister tell the House what he believes has been the effectiveness of individual and continuous registration in Northern Ireland? Does he accept the importance and value of continuing the annual household canvass to achieve robust electoral registration?
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many people were deported from each constituent part of the UK in 2013 and 2014.
Does the hon. Gentleman accept that in Northern Ireland the construction industry is still having difficulties? Many of our major construction companies and the people working for them are having to come to the mainland to get contracts rather than staying in Northern Ireland. We need to encourage that industry.
More of William McCrea’s recent appearances
Former DUP MP for South Antrim, Former DUP MLA for South Antrim
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 25 June 1998 — General election
Left the Assembly on 1 July 2010 — Resigned
Also represented Mid Ulster
Topics of interest
- Northern Ireland
- Department of Health
- HM Treasury
- Crosshill Quarry
- Armed Forces: Northern Ireland
- Tax Credits
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, National Health Service (Amended Duties and Powers) Bill Committee (0 out of 13)
- Chairman, National Insurance Contributions Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Chairman, House of Lords (Expulsion and Suspension) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Deep Sea Mining Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Chairman, Presumption of Death Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Financial Services (Banking Reform) Bill Committee (2 out of 6)
- Chairman, Prisons (Property) bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Financial Services (Banking Reform)Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Chairman, Health and Social Care Bill Committee (3 out of 40)
- Chairman, Daylight Saving Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Budget Responsibility and National Audit Bill Committee (3 out of 4)
- Chairman, Mortgage Repossessions (Protection of Tenants Etc.) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Law Commission Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Dormant Bank and Building Society Accounts Bill Committee (2 out of 3)
- Justice and Security (Northern Ireland) Bill Committee (1 out of 4)
- Terrorism (Northern Ireland) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all William McCrea’s speeches
- Has received answers to 133 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 46.25% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 39 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 437 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
, Calvary Free Presbyterian Church, Mullaghboy Hill, Magherafelt. £364 per week plus Manse rent allowance (£120 per week). Hours: 30 hours per week (Updated 21 March 201 and 16 January 2015)
8. Land and Property
One half share in a house in England from which rental income is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from