To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what the average processing time of incapacity benefit applications was in (a) the UK and (b) each of the smallest geographical areas for which figures are available in each quarter of the last five years; and if she will make a statement.
What progress has been made on the national review of paediatric cardiac surgery; and if he will make a statement.
There are concerns that the national specialised commissioning group has already decided to reduce the number of units to five and that certain arbitrary assumptions mean that the slightly smaller units will be at risk of closure. Southampton general hospital is internationally respected for its work in this field, so will the Minister assure me that safety outcomes and quality will be the...
More of Sandra Gidley’s recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat MP for Romsey
Entered the House of Commons on 4 May 2000 — Byelection
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Education and Skills
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Domestic Violence
- Mental Health
- Dental Services
- Departmental Translation Services
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Health Minister (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Health Committee (26 Apr 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Health (21 Mar 2006 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Women & Older People, Non-Departmental & Cross Departmental Responsibilities (19 Oct 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Older People, Non-Departmental & Cross Departmental Responsibilities (1 Jun 2005 to 19 Oct 2005)
- Women and Older People, Non-Departmental & Cross-Departmental Responsibilities (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Sandra Gidley’s speeches
- Has received answers to 169 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.41% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 41 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 303 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Monthly column for Chemist and Druggist
Medica Ltd, Ludgate House, 245 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 9UY. (Up to £5,000)
£150 payment received on 4 July 2009
for article in Chemist and Druggist magazine (approx 400 words). Hours: 1½ (Registered 7 July 2009)
£150 payment received on 28 July 2009 for July column. Hours worked: 1½ (Registered 30 July 2009)
Payment of £150 received on 14 October 2009
for article (approx 400 words). Hours: 1.5hrs. (3 November 2009)
Payment of £150 received on 12 November 2009 for article. Hours: 1.5 hrs. (Registered 25 November 2009)
I gave a talk, followed by a question and answer session, to the National Association
of Dental Advisers, and was presented with a bottle of wine (value: £20 maximum). Address: private. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 25 November 2009)
8 March 2010
I was a panellist on a debate on assisted suicide organised by the Soroptomists International of Winchester, and was presented with a pen and pencil set and a date stick (value £15 approximately). Hours: 5 hours approx for debate and preparation. (Registered 24 March 2010)
6. Overseas visits
15-20 February 2009
, to Ethiopia, in connection with the All-Party Group on Population, Development and Reproductive Rights report into material morbidity. Economy flight and five nights accommodation paid for by Marie Stopes International
. (Registered 2 June 2009)
Pharmacist - no earned income from community pharmacy.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from