Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
Hilary Benn’s voting in Parliament
Hilary Benn is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Hilary Benn sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Hilary Benn voted for greater regulation of hydraulic fracturing (fracking) to extract shale gas, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Hilary Benn’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Hilary Benn’s full vote analysis page for more.
Hilary Benn has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
It is precisely because we support this deal that the E3 was left with no option but to take the action that it has, and I support the Government in doing so. But can I bring the Foreign Secretary back to the Prime Minister’s remarks this morning? Either the Prime Minister wants to maintain this deal or he is now advocating for its replacement: he cannot credibly hold both positions. Which...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what the secondary cancer diagnosis rate was for (a) Leeds and (b) England in each of the last 5 years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, in how many cases of secondary cancer diagnosed in each of the last five years had the patient undergone (a) a PET scan, (b) a CT scan or (c) an MRI scan prior to or during their treatment for the primary cancer in (i) Leeds and (ii) England.
More of Hilary Benn’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Leeds Central
Entered the House of Commons on 10 June 1999 — Byelection
Topics of interest
Hilary Benn campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Home Office
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Written Questions: Government Responses
- Written Questions
- Yemen: Military Intervention
- Housing: Construction
- Immigration: EU Nationals
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee Sub-committee on the effectiveness and influence of the select committee system (13 Feb 2019 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (6 Nov 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Chair, Committee on Exiting the European Union (12 Jul 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Committee on Exiting the European Union (19 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Foreign Secretary (8 May 2015 to 26 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (7 Oct 2011 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (26 Jan 2011 to 7 Dec 2011)
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- The Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (28 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- The Secretary of State for International Development (6 Oct 2003 to 28 Jun 2007)
- The Minister of State, Department for International Development (13 May 2003 to 6 Oct 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Home Office) (Minister for Prisons and Probation) (29 May 2002 to 13 May 2003)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for International Development (11 Jun 2001 to 28 May 2002)
- Member, Environment, Transport & Regional Affairs Committee (6 Dec 1999 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (6 Dec 1999 to 1 Jun 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Nov 2019.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Part-owner of house and small nature reserve in Essex: (i). (Updated 24 November 2014)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Sally Clark
, as part-time office manager/senior parliamentary assistant. (Updated 16 April 2019)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)