A selection of John Randall's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Generally voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of John Randall’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit John Randall’s full vote analysis page for more.
It is an honour to follow the hon. Member for Aberdeen North (Mr Doran). I served on his Administration Committee until a PowerPoint presentation on own-brand cookies led me to resign, as I could not cope with the excitement anymore. I do not know how you slept last night, Mr Speaker, but I have to admit that I did not sleep very well. I knew this was going to be my last speech and I wanted...
I agree, but I am not going to dwell on that. It is for my memoirs—luckily, I am not going to publish them! I have been lucky in Hillingdon. The previous Member representing Ruislip Northwood was John Wilkinson, and today there is my hon. Friend the Member for Ruislip, Northwood and Pinner (Mr Hurd) and the hon. Member for Hayes and Harlington (John McDonnell)—and we have always...
Does my right hon. and learned Friend recognise that when the gravel pits were once mentioned in a discussion, I pointed out that in fact the Norfolk broads were man-made as well? Nobody would dispute that they are worth keeping.
More of John Randall’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip
Entered the House of Commons on 31 July 1997 — Byelection
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Also represented Uxbridge
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Education and Skills
- RAF Northolt
- Immigrant Medical Inspections
- Departmental Publications
- Public Inquiries
- Heathrow Airport
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Standards (11 Sep 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (11 Sep 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Modern Slavery Bill Committee (9 Jan 2014 to 3 Apr 2014)
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 May 2013 to 9 Oct 2013)
- Member, Joint Committee on Security (1 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Treasurer of Her Majesty's Household (12 May 2010 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Members' Allowances Committee (9 Feb 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (12 Jul 2007 to 3 Mar 2009)
- Opposition Assistant Chief Whip (10 Dec 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Committee of Selection (8 Nov 2005 to 9 Jul 2007)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (17 Jul 2005 to 19 Jul 2005)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (30 Jun 2003 to 10 Dec 2005)
- Member, Transport Committee (25 Mar 2003 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Feb 2000 to 10 Mar 2003)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (22 Jul 1998 to 21 Feb 2000)
- Member, Environment, Transport & Regional Affairs Committee (20 Jul 1998 to 21 Feb 2000)
- Member, Deregulation Committee (4 Dec 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all John Randall’s speeches
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 84.02% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 83 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 319 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Fee of £500 received f
or speaking at a Modern Day Slavery Event organised by Policy Knowledge,
Northumberland Avenue, London WC2N 5BW. Hours: 1 hr 45 mins (including preparation). Payment made direct to charity. (Registered 24 March 2015)
8. Land and Property
I own one residential property in Ealing and two in Uxbridge (one jointly with my wife) from which rental income may be received.
Jointly with my wife I own a property in North Norfolk
from which rental income is received.
Until 12 September 2014
, through 21-23-25-27 Murray Road Freehold Ltd (see entry in Category 9 below) I also owned the freehold of four further leasehold residential properties in Ealing let on long leases. (Updated 4 May 2012, 12 November 2012 and 29 September 2014)
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Randalls of Uxbridge Ltd
(a) 21-23-25-27 Murray Road Freehold Ltd, which managed the long lease of the four leasehold Ealing properties mentioned above until 12 September 2014. Company now wound up. (Registered 12 November 2012; updated 29 September 2014 and 24 March 2015)
I am a member of the Randalls of Uxbridge Ltd retirement benefit scheme and until 2008 was a remunerated director of this family retail business. Address: 7-9 Vine Street, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 1RS. (Updated 6 March 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from