A selection of Mike Wood's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Generally voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike Wood’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike Wood’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what assessment he has made of the effect on child poverty of the introduction of child maintenance service charges.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what assessment he has made of the gender impact of the introduction of child maintenance service charges.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, how many (a) external and (b) Civil Service appointees have worked in ministerial offices in his Department (i) since May 2010 and (ii) between May 2005 and May 2010.
More of Mike Wood’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Batley and Spen
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Drugs: Rehabilitation
- Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs
- Welfare Tax Credits
- Immigration: Detention Centres
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 1 Mar 2011)
- Member, Broadcasting Committee (1 Jun 1997 to 1 Jun 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Mike Wood’s speeches
- Has received answers to 15 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 43.02% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 53 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 31 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from