A selection of David Wilshire's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
Almost always voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 33 votes against, 8 absences, between 2008–2009
Voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2004–2010
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
7 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2003–2007
Almost always voted against university tuition fees Show votes
1 vote for, 8 votes against, 1 absence, between 1997–2004
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Wilshire’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Wilshire’s full vote analysis page for more.
Welcome back, Minister.
It will indeed be the last time.
Order. I am sorry to interrupt the Minister, but he went past a full stop, so I have to call a halt to the debate.
More of David Wilshire’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Spelthorne
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Education and Skills
- Ashford and St. Peter's Hospitals NHS Trust
- Ashford (Middlesex) Hospital
- Hospital Trusts (West Surrey)
- Flood Defence
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Whip, Whips (17 Mar 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Assistant Chief Whip, Whips (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all David Wilshire’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 44.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 54 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 562 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from