A selection of Betty Williams's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Almost always voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Betty Williams’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Betty Williams’s full vote analysis page for more.
Let me first say what a pleasure it is to be in this Chamber under your chairmanship, Mr. Wilshire. May I also wish you all the very best in your retirement? I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Bolton, South-East (Dr. Iddon) on securing this debate and thank him for devoting it to our late friend, Dr. Ashok Kumar, for whom we all had great respect. Will the Minister tell us whether...
Is my right hon. Friend aware that Mr. Ryan Hilton, an events manager with the pub crawl firm, Carnage UK, was convicted in court in Llandudno last week of assaulting my constituent, Mr. Mark Aelwyn Roberts, causing him actual bodily harm? He will be sentenced at Crown court. Will my right hon. Friend please note that North Wales police had objected to that event in Bangor? Does he agree that...
What recent discussions he has had with the Chancellor of the Exchequer on the number of families claiming tax credits in Wales.
More of Betty Williams’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Conwy
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- International Development
- Departmental Expenditure Limits
- Nuclear Test Veterans
- Debt Relief
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 22 Nov 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Betty Williams’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.80% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 48 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 63 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from