Alan Whitehead campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Alan Whitehead’s voting in Parliament
Alan Whitehead is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Alan Whitehead sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Alan Whitehead generally voted for university tuition fees, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alan Whitehead’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alan Whitehead’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alan Whitehead has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what discussions his Department has had with energy companies on arrangements for the recovery of the cost from customers' bills of the installation of smart meters.
I congratulate the Science and Technology Committee on its excellent report, which has been the subject of our discussions this afternoon. I also congratulate the hon. Member for South Basildon and East Thurrock (Stephen Metcalfe) on his success in obtaining the debate and on his presentation of the Committee’s concerns, which started an exceptionally well-informed debate about smart...
Would the hon. Gentleman perhaps like to add to his ask list the issue of local authorities that are grappling with air quality issues? Five local authorities are under infraction and, with the Department, are dealing with a plan for low-carbon development to counter poor air quality caused by transport. The Department’s response may well be to provide funding to, for example, convert...
More of Alan Whitehead’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Southampton, Test
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Green Deal Scheme
- Electricity Generation
- Housing: Insulation
- Energy: Prices
- Hazardous Waste
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (Energy and Climate Change) (since 10 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Sep 2016 to 28 Nov 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 30 Nov 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards: Standards Review Sub-Committee (10 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Marine Bill (Joint Committee) (8 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Justice Committee (6 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (18 Mar 2007 to 3 Aug 2007)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (28 Jan 2003 to 6 Nov 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Transport, Local Government and Regions) (11 Jun 2001 to 28 May 2002)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (15 Jul 1997 to 6 Dec 1999)
- Member, Environment, Transport & Regional Affairs Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 6 Dec 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from