Alan Whitehead’s voting in Parliament
Alan Whitehead is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Alan Whitehead’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
11 votes for, 5 votes against, between 1997–2017
Generally voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 13 votes against, 5 absences, between 2012–2018
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
2 votes for, 43 votes against, 9 absences, between 2014–2016
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
13 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2003–2016
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
3 votes for, 19 votes against, 4 absences, between 2010–2015
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alan Whitehead’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alan Whitehead’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alan Whitehead has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Bristol North West (Darren Jones) on taking the initiative of writing to the Backbench Business Committee to suggest we have this debate. I congratulate him not only on persuading the Committee to allow it but on putting the case this morning that his achievement in bringing this debate reflects the non-achievement of the House as a whole in...
Indeed, Ms Dorries; I was just about to come to my last sentence when the hon. Gentleman asked me that pertinent question, to which I will take one second to reply. Yes—when the Department of Energy and Climate Change was subsumed into BEIS that gave out a bad signal about the Government’s seriousness about these issues. Whether or not that Department is re-established, the status...
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what proportion of the deemed export tariff for solar PV installations energy companies are managing the feed in tariff arrangements for; and what proportion of such installation costs are recoverable as part of their reported generators procurement arrangements.
More of Alan Whitehead’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Southampton, Test
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Alan Whitehead campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Energy and Climate Change
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Energy: Prices
- Green Deal Scheme
- Renewable Energy
- Energy: Meters
- Electricity Generation
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (Energy and Climate Change) (since 10 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Sep 2016 to 28 Nov 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change) (18 Sep 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 30 Nov 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards: Standards Review Sub-Committee (10 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Marine Bill (Joint Committee) (8 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Justice Committee (6 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (18 Mar 2007 to 3 Aug 2007)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (28 Jan 2003 to 6 Nov 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Transport, Local Government and Regions) (11 Jun 2001 to 28 May 2002)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (15 Jul 1997 to 6 Dec 1999)
- Member, Environment, Transport & Regional Affairs Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 6 Dec 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from