A selection of Robert Wareing's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 5 votes against, 1 absence, between 2003–2007
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
12 votes for, 2 votes against, 28 absences, between 2006–2009
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
7 votes for, 1 vote against, between 1999–2007
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
Voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2010
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Robert Wareing’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Robert Wareing’s full vote analysis page for more.
Over the years there has been a continual drift away from direct taxes to indirect taxes, which, as the Prime Minister knows, bear most heavily on those who can least afford them. Does he agree that it is becoming time that we went back to the traditional Labour party policy on taxation, which is to redistribute wealth in favour of poorer people? I would like him to say in this general...
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence in which countries the armed forces undertake training.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence which national military forces receive training in the UK.
More of Robert Wareing’s recent appearances
Former Independent MP for Liverpool, West Derby
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Party was Labour until 17 Sep 2007
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Education and Skills
- Ambulances (Speeding)
- Foreign Languages
- Armed Forces: Training
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Robert Wareing’s speeches
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 31.49% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 43 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 334 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from