A selection of Rudi Vis's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
28 votes for, 0 votes against, 14 absences, between 2006–2009
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 5 votes against, between 2003–2007
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
7 votes for, 1 vote against, between 1999–2007
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 1998–2004
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rudi Vis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rudi Vis’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice which local authorities have placed children in secure training centres on remand in each month in the last two years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice what the average cost of placing remanded children in secure training centres was in the most recent period for which figures are available; and what proportion of that cost was met by the Youth Justice Board.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice how much the Youth Justice Board pays per person for a place in (a) a secure training centre, (b) a young offenders institution and (c) a local authority secure children's home.
More of Rudi Vis’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Finchley and Golders Green
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Schools and Families
- Young Offenders
- Young Offenders Institutions
- Secure Training Centres
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Rudi Vis’s speeches
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 52.72% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 116 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 19 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from