Stephen Twigg campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Stephen Twigg’s voting in Parliament
Stephen Twigg is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Stephen Twigg sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Stephen Twigg generally voted for university tuition fees, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stephen Twigg’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stephen Twigg’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stephen Twigg has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
First Report from the International Development Committee of Session 2016-17, on UK implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, HC 103, and the Government response, HC 673 – Stephen Twigg.
I was recently at Our Lady and St Swithin’s Catholic Primary School in Croxteth in my constituency. One issue raised there was the impact of the provision of free school meals across key stage 1, which is resulting in fewer parents informing the school that their child would have been entitled to free school meals anyway. There is therefore a decline in pupil premium figures. Is the...
I am grateful to the Minister for giving way because I realise that time is tight. Will he address the specific issue of nursery schools? I think he will agree that nursery schools often provide a fantastic start for children, particularly in some of the most deprived neighbourhoods.
More of Stephen Twigg’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Liverpool, West Derby
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Also represented Enfield, Southgate
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Department for International Development
- Work and Pensions
- Electoral Register
- Free Schools
- Reading: Primary Education
Currently held offices
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (since 27 Jan 2016)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (since 30 Nov 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Chair, International Development Committee (since 18 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (8 May 2015 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Political and Constitutional Reform) (Justice) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Education (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Minister of State (Education and Skills) (School Standards) (16 Dec 2004 to 5 May 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (30 May 2002 to 16 Dec 2004)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Privy Council Office) (11 Jun 2001 to 30 May 2002)
- Member, Employment Sub-committee (14 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Education & Employment Committee (13 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (5 Nov 1998 to 17 Nov 1998)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (23 Feb 1998 to 9 Feb 2000)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
Name of donor: Oxfam GB
Address of donor: Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 2JY
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): travel, accommodation and food at a value of £716.49
Destination of visit: Jordan
Date of visit: 25-28 October 2015
Purpose of visit: to assess the situation facing Syrian refugees in Jordan, including visiting the Zaatari refugee camp and meeting Syrian refugees living there and in the host community, to learn about Oxfam’s work in support of refugees, and to hold meetings with UNHCR
and the Jordanian Government.
(Registered 05 November 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from