Stephen Twigg campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Stephen Twigg’s voting in Parliament
Stephen Twigg is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Stephen Twigg sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Stephen Twigg generally voted for university tuition fees, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stephen Twigg’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stephen Twigg’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stephen Twigg has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Glasgow North East (Anne McLaughlin), and I particularly support what she said at the end of her speech about the horrors of sexual violence in the DRC and the importance of the elections there. I reiterate the point that she and my hon. Friend the Member for Hyndburn (Graham Jones) made that it is often the poorest countries in the world that...
Yemen 12 Jan 2017
I am very disappointed that the Minister, in his final remarks, gave us no further indication of when the Government would actually move to support a fully independent investigation. I am pleased that he responded to my point, but we have not been taken further on this issue, and I think that the House will return to it. I agree with the Minister that we have had a very good debate. There...
Yemen 12 Jan 2017
Will the Minister give way before he sits down?
More of Stephen Twigg’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Liverpool, West Derby
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Also represented Enfield, Southgate
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department for International Development
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Work and Pensions
- Electoral Register
- Free Schools
- Department for International Development: Procurement
Currently held offices
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (since 27 Jan 2016)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (since 30 Nov 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Chair, International Development Committee (since 18 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (8 May 2015 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (Political and Constitutional Reform) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Education (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Minister of State (Education and Skills) (School Standards) (16 Dec 2004 to 5 May 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (30 May 2002 to 16 Dec 2004)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Privy Council Office) (11 Jun 2001 to 30 May 2002)
- Member, Employment Sub-committee (14 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Education & Employment Committee (13 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (5 Nov 1998 to 17 Nov 1998)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (23 Feb 1998 to 9 Feb 2000)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from