Stephen Twigg’s voting in Parliament
Stephen Twigg is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Stephen Twigg’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 7 absences, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, 1 absence, between 2013–2016
Almost always voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 14 votes against, 3 absences, between 2012–2014
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
1 vote for, 17 votes against, 7 absences, between 2010–2015
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stephen Twigg’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stephen Twigg’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stephen Twigg has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 21 Feb 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what assessment she has made of the effect of the blockade in Yemen on the supply and trucking of water across that country.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, how much her Department spent on aid for the treatment of diphtheria cases in Yemen in (a) 2015, (b) 2016 and (c) 2017.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, how much her Department spent on aid for the treatment of cholera cases in Yemen in (a) 2015, (b) 2016 and (c) 2017.
More of Stephen Twigg’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Liverpool, West Derby
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Also represented Enfield, Southgate
Topics of interest
Stephen Twigg campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Electoral Register
- Free Schools
- Department for International Development: Procurement
- Overseas Aid
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Oct 2017)
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (since 13 Sep 2017)
- Chair, International Development Committee (since 12 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (27 Jan 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (30 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, International Development Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (8 May 2015 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (Political and Constitutional Reform) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Education (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Minister of State (Education and Skills) (School Standards) (16 Dec 2004 to 5 May 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (30 May 2002 to 16 Dec 2004)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Privy Council Office) (11 Jun 2001 to 30 May 2002)
- Member, Employment Sub-committee (14 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Education & Employment Committee (13 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (5 Nov 1998 to 17 Nov 1998)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (23 Feb 1998 to 9 Feb 2000)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 May 2018.
Name of donor: Results UK
Address of donor: 31-33 Bondway, London SW8 1SJ
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): travel, accommodation and subsistence with a value of £2,068.10
Destination of visit: Liberia
Dates of visit: 20 - 26 August 2017
Purpose of visit: to learn about the health and education challenges facing Liberia with a particular focus on child immunisation, tuberculosis (TB
) and health system strengthening post-Ebola.
(Registered 29 August 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from