Derek Twigg campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Derek Twigg’s voting in Parliament
Derek Twigg is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Derek Twigg sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Derek Twigg generally voted for university tuition fees, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Derek Twigg’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Derek Twigg’s full vote analysis page for more.
Derek Twigg has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many full-time equivalent GPs were employed in Halton Clinical Commissioning Group area in each year since 2012.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many applications for personal independence payments (PIP) have been rejected since the introduction of PIP; how many applications for PIP have been rejected in (a) Halton constituency, (b) Cheshire and (c) Merseyside in that period; and how many people in each of those three areas whose PIP applications were rejected successfully...
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many applications for personal independence payments (PIP) have been rejected since the introduction of PIP.
More of Derek Twigg’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Halton
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Department of Health
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Non-departmental Public Bodies
- General Practitioners
- Personal Independence Payment
- NHS: Standards
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (since 15 Jul 2015)
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (since 15 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 15 Jul 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 15 Jul 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (1 Jul 2013 to 3 Nov 2014)
- Member, Defence Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill Committee (4 Mar 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (27 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (Veterans) (6 Sep 2006 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (10 May 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (Schools) (16 Dec 2004 to 10 May 2005)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (13 Jun 2003 to 16 Dec 2004)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (17 Nov 1998 to 10 Jun 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Derek Twigg’s speeches
- Has received answers to 39 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.93% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 50 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 83 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Derek Twigg’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 446 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Ipsos MORI
, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for opinion surveys.
11 July 2015
, received payment of £200 in respect of the Ipsos MORI Survey of MPs Summer 2015. Hours: 1.5 hours. (Registered 24 July 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from