Derek Twigg’s voting in Parliament
Derek Twigg is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Derek Twigg sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Derek Twigg generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Derek Twigg’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Derek Twigg’s full vote analysis page for more.
Derek Twigg has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, how many and what proportion of private parking companies were fined by the DVLA for non-compliance with Keeper of a Vehicle at the Date of an Event contracts in each of the last three years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what monitoring procedures the DVLA has put in place to ensure that private parking companies comply with the conditions of a contract for a Keeper of a Vehicle at the Date of an Event.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what procedures the DVLA has put in place for the assessment of applications by private parking companies for access to the personal details of vehicle owners.
More of Derek Twigg’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Halton
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Derek Twigg campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Non-departmental Public Bodies
- General Practitioners
- Sandymoor School
- Personal Independence Payment
Currently held offices
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (since 15 Nov 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (since 1 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (30 Oct 2017 to 1 Nov 2017)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (30 Oct 2017 to 15 Nov 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (15 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (15 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 15 Jul 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 15 Jul 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (1 Jul 2013 to 3 Nov 2014)
- Member, Defence Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill Committee (4 Mar 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (27 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (Veterans) (6 Sep 2006 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (10 May 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (Schools) (16 Dec 2004 to 10 May 2005)
- Government Whip (13 Jun 2003 to 16 Dec 2004)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (17 Nov 1998 to 10 Jun 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Derek Twigg’s speeches
- Has received answers to 33 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 50.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 50 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 86 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Derek Twigg’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 462 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for completing surveys:
Name of donor: Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
Address of donor: 44 Charlotte Street, London W1T 2NR
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): flights, other transport, board and lodging to a value of £476
Destination of visit: Berlin
Dates of visit: 1-2 December 2016
Purpose of visit: To attend Security and Defence Roundtable organised by Friedrich Ebert Stiftung and Royal United Services Institute
(Registered 13 December 2016)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from