Derek Twigg’s voting in Parliament
Derek Twigg is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Derek Twigg sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Derek Twigg generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Derek Twigg’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Derek Twigg’s full vote analysis page for more.
Derek Twigg has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, pursuant to the Answer of 5 June 2018 to Question 147340, when the last occasion was before January 2018 when assurance was given to Ministers on the work undertaken by NHS England and Public Health England in delivering effective screening programmes; and what information was given to Minsters on the effectiveness of the breast...
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what the maximum tonnage of waste is that the Viridor Energy is entitled to burn at its waste facility in Runcorn under its permit; and what the tonnage of waste is that is currently being burnt at that site.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, for what reason the composition of fuel being burned at the Viridor Runcorn Energy from Waste facility been allowed to be changed from that permitted under its original permit.
More of Derek Twigg’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Halton
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Derek Twigg campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Work and Pensions
- Non-departmental Public Bodies
- General Practitioners
- Sandymoor School
- Housing: Construction
- Personal Independence Payment
Currently held offices
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (since 15 Nov 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (since 1 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (30 Oct 2017 to 1 Nov 2017)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (30 Oct 2017 to 15 Nov 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (15 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (15 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 15 Jul 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 15 Jul 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (1 Jul 2013 to 3 Nov 2014)
- Member, Defence Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill Committee (4 Mar 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (27 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (Veterans) (6 Sep 2006 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (10 May 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (Schools) (16 Dec 2004 to 10 May 2005)
- Government Whip (13 Jun 2003 to 16 Dec 2004)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (17 Nov 1998 to 10 Jun 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Derek Twigg’s speeches
- Has received answers to 73 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 57.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 50 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 84 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Derek Twigg’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 467 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from