Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
Derek Twigg’s voting in Parliament
Derek Twigg is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Derek Twigg sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Derek Twigg generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Derek Twigg’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Derek Twigg’s full vote analysis page for more.
Derek Twigg has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Many of our northern towns have great tourist attractions, such as Norton priory in Runcorn and the Catalyst Science Discovery Centre in Widnes. What is the Minister doing to ensure there is more focus on getting tourism into our northern towns, not just concentrating on cities?
I welcome the steps that the Secretary of State has outlined to de-escalate tensions, but if those were to fail and Iran were to retaliate with an attack that resulted in the deaths of British service personnel and civilians, what would be our response?
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, when he plans to answer Question 287463 tabled on 5 September 2019 by the hon. Member for Halton.
More of Derek Twigg’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Halton
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Derek Twigg campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Work and Pensions
- Non-departmental Public Bodies
- General Practitioners
- Sandymoor School
- Housing: Construction
- Incinerators: Health Hazards
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (15 Nov 2017 to 5 Nov 2018)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (6 Nov 2017 to 5 Nov 2018)
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (1 Nov 2017 to 5 Nov 2018)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (30 Oct 2017 to 1 Nov 2017)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (30 Oct 2017 to 15 Nov 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (15 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (15 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 15 Jul 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 15 Jul 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (1 Jul 2013 to 3 Nov 2014)
- Member, Defence Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill Committee (4 Mar 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (27 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (Veterans) (6 Sep 2006 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (10 May 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (Schools) (16 Dec 2004 to 10 May 2005)
- Government Whip (13 Jun 2003 to 16 Dec 2004)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (17 Nov 1998 to 10 Jun 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)