A selection of Paul Truswell's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
8 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2003–2007
Voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2010
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
27 votes for, 2 votes against, 13 absences, between 2006–2009
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Generally voted for university tuition fees Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 1997–2004
We have lots more plain English analysis of Paul Truswell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Paul Truswell’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change when he expects the national policy statements on energy to come into effect.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government when he expects to publish the guidance to local authorities on National Policy Statements referred to by Baroness Andrews on 18 November 2008, Official Report, House of Lords, column 1019.
My right hon. Friend is talking about other ways for police forces and authorities to raise revenue. Did his Committee look at the possibility of giving police authorities greater powers to raise the full cost of policing major events such as music festivals and large sporting fixtures?
More of Paul Truswell’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Pudsey
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Trade and Industry
- Health Services (Leeds)
- Bus Services
- Housing Benefit
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Paul Truswell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 64.67% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 61 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 128 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from