Jon Trickett campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Jon Trickett’s voting in Parliament
Jon Trickett is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Jon Trickett sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jon Trickett almost always voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
Jon Trickett generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jon Trickett’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jon Trickett’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jon Trickett has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I join others in welcoming those on the Front Bench and the creation of a Department that is going to deal with industrial strategy. The country is badly unbalanced at the moment and we will support any realistic thorough-going industrial strategy that is developed. We know how the strategy has gone over the summer—BHS has gone bust, with 11.000 jobs gone. Sports Direct is paying less...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of the effect of the extension of the mental health officer pension age to 65 on the health and income of pension scheme members with Mental Health Officer status.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many NHS trusts have reported difficulty recruiting specialist nurses for patients with neurological conditions in the last three years.
More of Jon Trickett’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Hemsworth
Entered the House of Commons on 1 February 1996 — unknown
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Departmental Security
- Vodafone Group
- Departmental Freedom of Information
Currently held offices
- Campaigns and Elections Chair (since 27 Jul 2016)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (since 14 Jul 2016)
- Shadow Lord President of the Council (since 27 Jun 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (5 Jul 2016 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government and Shadow Minister for the Constitutional Convention (14 Sep 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister without Portfolio and Deputy Party Chair (8 Oct 2013 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Gordon Brown, Prime Minister), Prime Minister's Office (6 Oct 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) (17 Oct 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 5 Jun 2006)
- Member, Employment Sub-committee (14 Feb 2001 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Education & Employment Committee (13 Feb 2001 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from