A selection of Mark Todd's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 5 absences, between 1999–2007
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
Voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2007
Voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2010
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
38 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 2006–2009
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
9 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2003–2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Todd’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Todd’s full vote analysis page for more.
One of the best means of reducing fuel poverty is tough regulation of the energy marketplace. Has the Minister read with the same concern as I had the report by Consumer Focus into the performance of Ofgem in regulating npower's price-sculpting mechanism and assure me that a future Government will take a more robust approach to the rather flaccid efforts of this regulator?
In my speech on the proposed reforms of House procedures, I referred to my disappointment that the Committee that sponsored those changes had not been asked to consider the role of MPs-and nor had it sought to be asked to do so. I then touched on my family experience-my grandfather was a Member in the 1930s-and my understanding of the traditionally understood role of an MP as defined by...
More of Mark Todd’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for South Derbyshire
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Home Department
- Miners' Compensation
- Child Support Agency
- Departmental Temporary Employment
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- National Identity Register
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Treasury Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Baroness Symons of Vernham Dean, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Mark Todd’s speeches
- Has received answers to 112 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 28 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 247 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from