A selection of Paddy Tipping's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
35 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 2006–2009
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
9 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 1998–2004
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2010
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 1999–2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Paddy Tipping’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Paddy Tipping’s full vote analysis page for more.
Despite record increases in funding, all nine PCTs operating in the east midlands do not reach the Government's own funding target. Does my right hon. and learned Friend accept that part of the issue is fast population growth in the east midlands? Is not the solution to ensure that new population figures are fed into the funding formula as quickly as possible?
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (1) what steps he plans to take to ensure scientific evidence is taken into account in identifying marine conservation zones under the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009; (2) what socio-economic criteria will be taken into account in (a) the selection of individual sites and (b) the design of an ecologically cohesive...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department when he last met representatives of Nottinghamshire police authority and Nottinghamshire police force to discuss (a) their recently published capability study and (b) their future strategy; and if he will make a statement.
More of Paddy Tipping’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Sherwood
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Approved Premises
- Large Combustion Plants Directive
- Local Government Finance
- Foot and Mouth
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (2 Feb 2010 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (14 Jan 2010 to 19 Jan 2010)
- Chairman, East Midlands Regional Select Committee (12 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, East Midlands Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 12 Mar 2009)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (20 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Marine Bill (Joint Committee) (20 May 2008 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (14 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Secretary (28 Mar 2007 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (16 May 2006 to 27 Jul 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jack Straw, Lord Privy Seal), Leader of the House of Commons (8 May 2006 to 11 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jack Straw, Secretary of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Parliamentary Secretary, Privy Council Office (23 Dec 1998 to 11 Jun 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Paddy Tipping’s speeches
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 77.87% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 36 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 516 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
1. Remunerated directorships
Non-executive Chairman of North Nottinghamshire LIFT Company Limited; company developing primary care estate in the region. Remuneration (£9,000) paid annually.
Non-executive Chairman of Greater Nottingham LIFT Company Limited; company developing primary care estate in the region. Remuneration (£9,000) paid annually.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from