Stephen Timms’s voting in Parliament
Stephen Timms is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Stephen Timms sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Stephen Timms generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stephen Timms’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stephen Timms’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stephen Timms has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what options her Department is considering to reduce the five week waiting time for universal credit claimants.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what assessment has been made of the affordability of (a) one and (b) two bedroom properties for Local Housing Allowance claimants in each region of England and Wales.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many and what proportion of universal credit payments were subject to a deduction for council tax arrears.
More of Stephen Timms’s recent appearances
Labour MP for East Ham
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1994 — unknown
Also represented Newham North East
Topics of interest
Stephen Timms campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Education
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Universal Credit
- Work Programme
- Social Security Benefits
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Employment Schemes
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Education Committee (1 Feb 2016 to 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (1 Feb 2016 to 31 Oct 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (8 Oct 2010 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Financial Secretary (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Digital Britain) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (Digital Britain) (also HM Treasury) (6 Aug 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (12 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Financial Secretary (HM Treasury) (also in the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Department for Work and Pensions) (Employment and Welfare Reform) (25 Jan 2008 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Minister of State (Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) (Competitiveness) (2 Jul 2007 to 25 Jan 2008)
- The Chief Secretary to the Treasury (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (18 Oct 2004 to 12 Jul 2005)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (30 Sep 2004 to 10 May 2005)
- Minister of State (e-Commerce & Competitiveness) (29 May 2002 to 9 Sep 2004)
- Minister of State (Education and Skills) (Schools) (11 Jun 2001 to 28 May 2002)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (3 Nov 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (29 Jul 1999 to 7 Jun 2001)
- Minister of State (Department of Social Security) (1 Jan 1999 to 29 Jul 1999)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Social Security) (28 Jul 1998 to 30 Dec 1998)
- Member, Treasury Committee (15 Jan 1996 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (27 Jun 1994 to 21 Mar 1997)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 Sep 2019.
Name of donor: London City Airport
Address of donor: Royal Docks, London E16 2PB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation and evening meal, value £410
Destination of visit: Vilnius, Lithuania
Dates of visit: 7-8 May 2019
Purpose of visit: To mark inauguration of Lot Airlines regular flight from London City to Vilnius.
(Registered 30 May 2019)
Trustee, East Thirteen Christian Trust. (Registered 10 May 2018)
Chair of Trustees, Traidcraft Foundation. (Registered 10 May 2018)
Trustee, Parliamentary Christian Trust. (Registered 10 May 2018)
From 11 February 2016, member of the Council of St Paul's Cathedral. (Registered 01 August 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)