Gareth Thomas campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Gareth Thomas’s voting in Parliament
Gareth Thomas is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Gareth Thomas’s votes.
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gareth Thomas’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gareth Thomas’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gareth Thomas has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, whether his Department permits its employees to join a credit union through payroll deductions; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Attorney General, whether the Law Officers' Departments permits its employees to join a credit union through payroll deductions; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, whether his Department permits its employees to join a credit union through payroll deductions; and if he will make a statement.
More of Gareth Thomas’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Harrow West
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Cabinet Office
- Home Department
- Third Sector
- EU Law
- Departmental Responsibilities
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (since 9 Oct 2016)
- Party Chair, Co-operative Party (since 1 Jul 2000)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- The Minister of State, Department for International Development (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) (Trade, Investment and Consumer Affairs) (also Department for International Development) (5 Oct 2008 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary(Department for International Development) (Trade Policy) (also Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) (Trade and Consumer Affairs) (also Department for International Development) (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for International Development (13 Jun 2003 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Nov 1997 to 25 Nov 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from