Gareth Thomas’s voting in Parliament
Gareth Thomas is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Gareth Thomas sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Gareth Thomas voted for greater regulation of hydraulic fracturing (fracking) to extract shale gas, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gareth Thomas’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gareth Thomas’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gareth Thomas has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I thank the hon. Lady for giving way. She is making a powerful speech, and I strongly support her call for better access to mental health support. I think of the difference that the four-hour target made to quality of care and access to accident and emergency doctors and nurses where needed, and I wonder whether we need a similar target in place, to ensure that trusts and the NHS in general...
I apologise to the Minister and to the House for missing the early part of her remarks. On the statistics she has just commented on, is it not the case that we are going backwards in our progress on neonatal deaths? Is it not also true that there is a marked difference in more socially deprived areas since 2014? Does that not suggest that significantly more investment in this policy area is...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, if he will invite representatives of the Jain community to national events organised by his Department; and if he will make a statement.
More of Gareth Thomas’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Harrow West
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
Gareth Thomas campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Cabinet Office
- Home Department
- Third Sector
- EU Law
- Departmental Responsibilities
Currently held offices
- Member, International Trade Committee (since 8 May 2019)
- Party Chair, Co-operative Party (since 1 Jul 2000)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (9 Oct 2016 to 15 Jun 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) (Trade, Investment and Consumer Affairs) (also Department for International Development) (5 Oct 2008 to 5 Jun 2009)
- The Minister of State, Department for International Development (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary(Department for International Development) (Trade Policy) (also Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) (Trade and Consumer Affairs) (also Department for International Development) (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for International Development (13 Jun 2003 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Nov 1997 to 25 Nov 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)