A selection of Peter Tapsell's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Peter Tapsell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Peter Tapsell’s full vote analysis page for more.
May I assure my right hon. Friend—[Interruption.]
May I assure my right hon. Friend that I am not a paid trade union official but I fear that if Members of the House are not allowed a second job, membership of it will soon be largely confined to the inheritors of substantial fortunes or to those with rich spouses, or to obsessive crackpots or those who are unemployable anywhere else?
May I put it to the Prime Minister that from President Monroe onwards it has been generally acknowledged by leaders of great powers that, for the avoidance of war, it is often wise to acknowledge the concept of traditional spheres of authority and power; and that although Ukraine is of absolutely no significant strategic importance to Britain, Greece most certainly is; and that unless western...
More of Peter Tapsell’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Louth and Horncastle
Entered the House of Commons on 8 October 1959 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Also represented Linsey East; Horncastle; Nottingham West
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Prime Minister
- Crimes of Violence: Lincolnshire
- Pension Schemes
- Army: Afghanistan
Other offices held in the past
- Father of the House of Commons (6 May 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) (14 Nov 2002 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jun 1977 to 1 Jun 1978)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jun 1976 to 1 Jun 1977)
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Peter Tapsell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 50.93% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 22 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 20–21 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 84 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 445 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from