Desmond Swayne campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Desmond Swayne’s voting in Parliament
Desmond Swayne is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Desmond Swayne sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Desmond Swayne generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Desmond Swayne’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Desmond Swayne’s full vote analysis page for more.
Desmond Swayne has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Where does the crucial role of free markets sit in this strategy?
With the decision of the Backbench Business Committee not to schedule a debate on settlements and the destruction yesterday of Umm al-Hiran, is there a possibility of a Government statement on what appears to be a significant shift in Government policy over recent days as we cosy up to the incoming American Administration in granting complete impunity to Israel?
There is an increasingly militant settler movement that treats Palestine like its own biblical theme park. To what does my right hon. Friend attribute the radical decline in the numbers of Palestinian Christians living in the west bank?
More of Desmond Swayne’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for New Forest West
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Territorial Army
- New Forest
- Reserve Forces
Currently held offices
- Member, International Trade Committee (since 31 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for International Development (15 Jul 2014 to 17 Jul 2016)
- The Vice-Chamberlain of Her Majesty's Household (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Administration Committee (22 Oct 2012 to 28 Oct 2013)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Parliamentary Private Secretary To the Leader of the Opposition (16 Dec 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (19 Jul 2005 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Defence Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 Feb 2006)
- Parliamentary Private Secretaries To Leader of the Opposition (9 Sep 2004 to 6 Dec 2005)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 2002 to 1 Jun 2003)
- Member, Procedure Committee (4 Mar 2002 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Defence) (1 Jun 2001 to 1 Jun 2002)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (1 Feb 2001 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Social Security Committee (26 Jul 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Jan 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Major, Territorial Army. Address: Army Pay Office, Brown Street, Glasgow.
14 January 2016
, received £200 from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for completing Winter 2015 Survey. Hours: 1 hr. Fee paid direct to charity. (Registered 22 January 2016)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in London, jointly owned with my wife: (i) and (ii). (Updated 20 May 2015
House in London, jointly owned with my wife: (i) and (ii). (Updated 20 May 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Moira Swayne, as Secretary. (Updated 20 May 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from