A selection of Gerry Sutcliffe's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 10 votes against, between 2010–2013
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2013
Voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 2010–2015
Almost always voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 9 votes against, 2 absences, between 2013–2014
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2013
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gerry Sutcliffe’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gerry Sutcliffe’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, if he will meet the Parliamentary Friends of Colombia to discuss the training provided to the Colombian armed forces by British military personnel.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, pursuant to the Answer of 4 November 2014 to Question 210574, if he will place in the Library details of training provided to Colombian armed forces by the British military.
The Prime Minister may know that this could be my last Prime Minister’s questions after 20 happy years representing Bradford South. He will be pleased to know that I am making my retirement plans—what are his?
More of Gerry Sutcliffe’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Bradford South
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1994 — unknown
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Ministry of Defence
- Culture Media and Sport
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Education
- Olympic Games 2012
- Copyright: Arts
- Tobacco: Packaging
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (12 Dec 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (Sport) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Culture, Media and Sport) (Sport) (29 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Justice (9 May 2007 to 28 Jun 2007)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (5 May 2006 to 8 May 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Trade and Industry) (Employment Relations and Consumer Affairs) (13 Jun 2003 to 5 May 2006)
- Member, Committee of Selection (3 Jul 2001 to 18 Jun 2003)
- Government Whip (11 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (29 Jul 1999 to 7 Jun 2001)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (11 Nov 1996 to 21 Mar 1997)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Gerry Sutcliffe’s speeches
- Has received answers to 32 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.62% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 38 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 609 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Employed by the Federation of Racecourse Bookmakers, 19 Culm Valley Way, Uffculme EX15 3XZ, in an advisory capacity on pitches at racecourses. Time commitment will vary depending on meetings. Expected remuneration: £700 per month. (Registered 24 February 2015)
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 8 April 2014)
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Address of donor: Members Hill, Brooklands Road, Weybridge KT13 0QU
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: attended the Chelsea Flower Show
as a guest of the donor, value £702
Date of receipt of donation: 20 May 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 20 May 2014
Donor status: company, registration 1501573
(Registered 6 November 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from