Gary Streeter campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Gary Streeter’s voting in Parliament
Gary Streeter is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Gary Streeter’s votes.
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 9 absences, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, in 2013
Generally voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
19 votes for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2008–2015
Almost always voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 8 votes against, 3 absences, between 1999–2016
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2010–2016
Generally voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gary Streeter’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gary Streeter’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gary Streeter has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what steps she is taking to protect prison officers from the harmful effects of psychoactive substances used by prisoners.
Oliver Colvile, you have a few minutes to respond.
Please continue, Ms Hayman.
More of Gary Streeter’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South West Devon
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Plymouth, Sutton
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- North Korea
- Drugs Strategy
- Mobile Phones
- Craig Murray
- Devonport Dockyard
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 12 Jan 2009)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (since 9 Oct 2006)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jun 2003 to 1 Jun 2004)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee (15 Oct 2002 to 5 Jan 2004)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 5 Jan 2004)
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (1 Jul 2001 to 1 Jul 2002)
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (2 Jun 1998 to 18 Sep 2001)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jun 1997 to 1 Jun 1998)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Lord Chancellor's Department) (2 Jun 1996 to 1 May 1997)
- Assistant Whip (Law Officers) (7 Jul 1995 to 28 Nov 1996)
- Member, Environment Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 1 Mar 1993)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Commonwealth Development Corporation Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Chairman, Digital Economy Bill Committee (6 out of 11)
- Chairman, ACCESS TO MEDICAL TREATMENTS (INNOVATION) BILL Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Welfare Reform and Work Bill Committee (6 out of 11)
- Chairman, Finance Bill Committee (2 out of 5)
- Chairman, National Insurance Contributions Bill Committee (2 out of 4)
- Chairman, Finance (No. 2) Bill Committee (5 out of 9)
- Chairman, European Union (Referendum) Bill Committee (2 out of 6)
- Chairman, MARRIAGE (SAME SEX COUPLES) BILL Committee (7 out of 13)
- Chairman, Protection of Freedoms Bill Committee (11 out of 20)
- Chairman, Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill Committee (2 out of 20)
- Chairman, Identity Documents Bill Committee (2 out of 5)
- Estates of Deceased Persons (Forfeiture Rule and Law Of Succession) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Savings Accounts and Health in Pregnancy Grant Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Racial and Religious Hatred Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Regional Assemblies (Preparations) Bill Committee (4 out of 5)
- Health and Social Care (Community Health and Standards) Bill Committee (16 out of 23)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Feb 2017.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: CARE
Address of donor: 53 Romney Street, London SW1P 3RF
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: services of a voluntary intern, for 4 days a week between September 2016
and July 2017
, who will receive a bursary of £650 per calendar month as a member of CARE’s educational Leadership Programme, total £7,150.
Date of receipt: 26 September 2016
Date of acceptance: 26 September 2016
Donor status: charity, registration 1066963
(Registered 03 October 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Janet Streeter, as part-time Junior Parliamentary Researcher.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from