A selection of Anthony Steen's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system
Consistently voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted against more EU integration Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anthony Steen’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anthony Steen’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many judicial reviews of decisions made by the competent authority in relation to human trafficking cases were (a) initiated and (b) completed between 1 April 2009 and 28 February 2010.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department for what reasons he has not provided a substantive response to Question (a) 325183 on human trafficking and (b) 325031 on the European Convention on the Protection of Children against Sexual Exploitation and Sexual Abuse.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many (a) European arrest warrants and (b) other arrest warrants were issued in the UK in respect of people suspected of human trafficking offences between 1 April 2009 and 31 January 2010.
More of Anthony Steen’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Totnes
Entered the House of Commons on 28 February 1974 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Also represented South Hams; Liverpool Wavertree
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Human Trafficking
- St. Helena
- Human Trafficking: Children
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (29 Jun 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Anthony Steen’s speeches
- Has received answers to 106 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 57.45% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 28 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 43 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 707 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession, etc.
Public affairs and parliamentary adviser to the Board of Airlines of Great Britain
(involves occasional travel on a number of airlines in connection with airline work; occasional free air travel for immediate family). (Up to £5,000)
Barrister at Law.
8. Land and Property
Parts of my property near California Cross, South Devon, are let from time to time.
9. Registrable shareholdings
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from