Caroline Spelman’s voting in Parliament
Caroline Spelman is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Caroline Spelman sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Caroline Spelman generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Caroline Spelman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Caroline Spelman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Caroline Spelman has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
Registration of Marriage (No. 2) Bill - 2nd reading – Caroline Spelman.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, with reference to his Department's policy paper, UK Airspace Policy: A framework for balanced decisions on the design and use of airspace, published in February 2017, what the timetable is for introducing the proposals in that paper; and what progress has been made on establishing an independent commission on civil aviation noise.
The Church of England’s ‘Open and Sustainable Churches’ programme operates through its ChurchCare website [http://www.churchcare.co.uk/churches/open-sustainable]. This programme offers advice and encouragement to churches on how to use imaginative and strategic ways to make their spaces available for purposes as well as worship. These could be community activities, cultural...
More of Caroline Spelman’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Meriden
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Caroline Spelman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Deputy Prime Minister
- International Development
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Valuation Office Agency
- Council Tax
- Local Government Finance
- Council Tax: Valuation
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 31 Oct 2017)
- The Second Church Estates Commissioner (since 21 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (25 Feb 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Modern Slavery Bill Committee (9 Jan 2014 to 3 Apr 2014)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (16 Dec 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Without portfolio (3 Jul 2007 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Party Chair, Conservative Party (3 Jul 2007 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Office of the Deputy Prime Minister) (10 May 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (1 May 2004 to 10 May 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (10 Nov 2003 to 1 May 2004)
- Shadow Minister (Women) (1 Jul 2001 to 1 May 2004)
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (1 Jul 2001 to 1 Nov 2003)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (10 Jun 1999 to 10 Sep 2001)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 Jun 1998 to 10 Jun 1999)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (14 Jul 1997 to 22 Jun 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Hogarth's Hotel Ltd
Address of donor: Hogarth's Hotel & Restaurant, Four Ashes Road, Dorridge, Solihull, West Midlands
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: company, registration 05067848
(Registered 07 July 2017
Name of donor: Mrs Margaret Sykes
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,500
Donor status: individual
(Registered 07 July 2017)
5. Gifts and benefits from sources outside the UK
Name of donor: Swiss Parliament
Address of donor: CH
- 3003 Berne
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: as part of the 61st anniversary of the British-Swiss APPG
's Parliamentary Ski Week, two ski passes with a value of £274; £548 in total
Date received: 2-8 January 2017
Date accepted: 2 January 2017
Donor status: other
(Registered 07 February 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Part-share of residential property in Bath: (i).
Residential property in London, West Midlands and Portugal: (i).
From March 2017, two fields in West Midlands: (i). (Registered 23 June 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from