Caroline Spelman’s voting in Parliament
Caroline Spelman is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Caroline Spelman sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Caroline Spelman generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Caroline Spelman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Caroline Spelman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Caroline Spelman has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
Registration of Marriage (No. 2) Bill - 2nd reading – Caroline Spelman.
Since my oral answer of 26th April 2018 (Official Report, col 1014) I have consulted with representatives of the Diocese and of Seaham Parish and I understand that the land being developed is not owned either by the Parish, the Diocese or the Church Commissioners. Any objections must therefore be made formally and in the usual manner to the Local Authority planning office. To date the...
More of Caroline Spelman’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Meriden
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Caroline Spelman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Deputy Prime Minister
- International Development
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Valuation Office Agency
- Council Tax
- Local Government Finance
- Council Tax: Valuation
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 31 Oct 2017)
- The Second Church Estates Commissioner (since 21 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (25 Feb 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Modern Slavery Bill Committee (9 Jan 2014 to 3 Apr 2014)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (16 Dec 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister without Portfolio (3 Jul 2007 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Party Chair, Conservative Party (3 Jul 2007 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Office of the Deputy Prime Minister) (10 May 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (1 May 2004 to 10 May 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (10 Nov 2003 to 1 May 2004)
- Shadow Minister (Women) (1 Jul 2001 to 1 May 2004)
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (1 Jul 2001 to 1 Nov 2003)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (10 Jun 1999 to 10 Sep 2001)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 Jun 1998 to 10 Jun 1999)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (14 Jul 1997 to 22 Jun 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 4 Jun 2018.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Hogarth's Hotel Ltd
Address of donor: Hogarth's Hotel & Restaurant, Four Ashes Road, Dorridge, Solihull, West Midlands
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: company, registration 05067848
(Registered 07 July 2017)
Name of donor: Mrs Margaret Sykes
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,500
Donor status: individual
(Registered 07 July 2017)
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: CARE
(Christian Action Research and Education
Address of donor: 53 Romney Street, London SW1P 3RF
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Services of a voluntary intern for four days a week between October 2017
and July 2018
, who will receive a bursary of £7,700 as a member of CARE’s educational Leadership Programme.
Date received: 4 October 2017 - July 2018
Date accepted: 4 October 2017
Donor status: charity, registration 1066963
(Registered 14 November 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Part-share of residential property in Bath: (i).
Residential property in London, West Midlands and Portugal: (i).
From March 2017, two fields in West Midlands: (i). (Registered 23 June 2017
From 8 January 2018
, Non-Executive Director, Commonwealth Games England. Non-remunerated. (Registered 16 January 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from