A selection of Helen Southworth's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
32 votes for, 0 votes against, 10 absences, between 2006–2009
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 1998–2004
Consistently voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 10 votes against, 1 absence, between 2003–2007
Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensions
We have lots more plain English analysis of Helen Southworth’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Helen Southworth’s full vote analysis page for more.
Thank you, Mr. Speaker. The taskforce on missing people has presented its recommendations. Will my right hon. Friend the Prime Minister ensure that they are acted on to protect children at risk?
Will my hon. Friend give particular consideration to the point that I made earlier? It is so important that local authorities and police forces work together to protect vulnerable children. An aspect of that, considering the police of the 24/7 authority, to which missing children are reported, is that they know where children's homes are located in their area and can build up a relationship...
I should also like to mention comments that have been made in the past few weeks on national indicator 71, in which my hon. Friend's Department has a key interest, on support for runaway and missing children. It has been in place since April last year, and the evidence I am getting from local authorities, police forces and charities working with vulnerable children is that it is driving...
More of Helen Southworth’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Warrington South
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Schools and Families
- Culture Media and Sport
- Runaway Children
- Missing Persons
- Missing Children
- Children: Protection
- Missing Persons: Databases
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (10 Aug 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Culture, Media & Sport Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 10 Aug 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Paul Boateng, Chief Secretary), HM Treasury (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Helen Southworth’s speeches
- Has received answers to 12 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 70 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 68 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from