A selection of John Smith's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
34 votes for, 0 votes against, 8 absences, between 2007–2009
Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensions
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 5 absences, between 1997–2004
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
8 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2003–2007
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 1999–2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of John Smith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit John Smith’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health how much funding his Department has allocated to the Venous Thromboembolism Exemplar Network in each of the last three years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health (1) how much funding has been allocated to the National Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) Strategy in each of the last five years, excluding funding allocated to the National VTE Commissioning for Quality and Innovation goal; (2) how much funding has been allocated to the (a) Healthcare Acquired Infection Reduction Strategy, (b) National Venous...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health what guidance his Department has issued on the implementation of the Venous Thromboembolism National Commissioning Goal to (a) strategic health authority managers, (b) primary care trust managers, (c) acute trust managers and (d) other healthcare professionals.
More of John Smith’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Vale of Glamorgan
Entered the House of Commons on 4 May 1989 — unknown
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Local Government and the Regions
- Defence Aviation Repair Agency
- RAF Cottesmore
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Military Bases: Wales
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Defence Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all John Smith’s speeches
- Has received answers to 18 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 42.62% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 67 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 190 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from