A selection of Geraldine Smith's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 5 absences, between 1997–2004
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, between 2003–2007
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2004–2010
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
40 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2006–2009
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
We have lots more plain English analysis of Geraldine Smith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Geraldine Smith’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many pensioners in Morecambe and Lunesdale constituency have received winter fuel payments during this winter.
To ask the Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills what recent steps he has taken to assist young people to obtain (a) work and (b) training.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government how much funding the Government have allocated for housing regeneration in Morecambe and Lunesdale constituency since 1997.
More of Geraldine Smith’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Morecambe and Lunesdale
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- North West Regional Development Agency
- Tax Credits
- Royal Mail
- Vision Boards
Other offices held in the past
- Member, North West Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Human Tissue and Embryos Bill (Joint Committee) (14 May 2007 to 3 Jun 2008)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Geraldine Smith’s speeches
- Has received answers to 45 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.27% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 78 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 104 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from