Andrew Smith campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Andrew Smith’s voting in Parliament
Andrew Smith is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Andrew Smith sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Andrew Smith generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
Andrew Smith generally voted for university tuition fees, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrew Smith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrew Smith’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrew Smith has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what proportion of the correspondence her Department has received from hon. Members has related to matters about visas in the last 12 months.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what recent reports he has received on the security situation in Juba, South Sudan.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what assessment he has made of the effect of the security situation in Juba, South Sudan, on UN operations in that region.
More of Andrew Smith’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Oxford East
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- HMS Victory
- Campsfield House Immigration Removal Centre
- Palestinians: International Assistance
Currently held offices
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (since 12 Oct 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, South East Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- The Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (29 May 2002 to 7 Sep 2004)
- The Chief Secretary to the Treasury (11 Oct 1999 to 29 May 2002)
- Minister of State (Department for Education and Employment) (3 May 1997 to 11 Oct 1999)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (1 Jul 1996 to 1 May 1997)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (1 Jul 1994 to 1 Jul 1996)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jun 1992 to 1 Jun 1996)
- Member, Social Services Committee (22 Nov 1988 to 10 Feb 1989)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Education) (1 Jun 1988 to 1 Jun 1992)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
A residential property in Lambeth, and a co-ownership property in France: (i) and (ii). (Registered 25 February 2013
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Val Smith
, as part time Senior Caseworker.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from