A selection of Marsha Singh's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, in 2010
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
32 votes for, 1 vote against, 19 absences, between 2006–2011
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 4 votes against, 6 absences, between 2003–2011
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 10 absences, between 2008–2012
We have lots more plain English analysis of Marsha Singh’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Marsha Singh’s full vote analysis page for more.
May I inform my right hon. Friend that many of my constituents are extremely concerned about the events taking place in Pakistan right now? This is a struggle that the Pakistani Government must win. What support are the Government offering Pakistan, both through what its troops are doing and on internally displaced people?
Prime Minister, about five years ago Westfield started to develop a shopping centre in Bradford city centre. It should have been completed next year. The company now says that it does not know when it will be completed, and Bradford is left with a huge hole in the heart of its city centre. Will the Prime Minister urge Westfield to keep its commitment to the people of Bradford, and will he...
I wish to speak about the appalling way in which the Ministry of Defence has treated my constituent, Mr. Charles Stuart. The nub of my argument is that not only has he been treated very shabbily, but he has been refused the right of a hearing before the Air Force Board. Charles Stuart had an accident on duty in November 1991 at RAF Belize, when a falling heavy oil drum struck his head,...
More of Marsha Singh’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Bradford West
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 2 March 2012 — Resigned
Topics of interest
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Decent Homes Standard
- Thalidomide Trust
- Customs and Excise (Officer Suspensions)
- Parking Charges
- Community Sentences
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Development Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Marsha Singh’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 16.42% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 146 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 50 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Dec 2011.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: Grand Central Railway Ltd
Address of donor: River House, 17 Museum Street York YO1 7DJ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind:
Date of acceptance: July 2010
Donor status: Company
(Registered 6 July 2010)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from