Keith Simpson’s voting in Parliament
Keith Simpson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Keith Simpson’s votes.
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, in 2013
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
8 votes for, 5 votes against, 1 absence, between 2003–2016
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2007–2016
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 15 votes against, between 2011–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
5 votes for, 10 votes against, 1 absence, between 1997–2017
Generally voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2010–2017
We have lots more plain English analysis of Keith Simpson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Keith Simpson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Keith Simpson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 4 Dec 2017
I am also a member of the Intelligence and Security Committee. I should like to ask the Home Secretary two questions. First, resources are obviously crucial, but this is also a matter of how our intelligence agencies are able to cope with the changing threat. Does she think that the agencies are capable of making that move? Secondly, we have had recommendations in the past, but they have not...
One consequence of the success of the operations against Daesh has been the dispersal of many of its volunteers, including United Kingdom citizens. Yesterday, my hon. Friend the Member for Penrith and The Border (Rory Stewart), who is a Minister of State at the Foreign Office and the Department for International Development, said that, as far as UK citizens who had served in ISIS were...
May I begin by thanking the Minister for outlining the various ceremonies that are to take place over the next two or three months to commemorate the battle of Passchendaele? I also thank the spokesman for the Opposition, the hon. Member for Cardiff West (Kevin Brennan), for talking about the wider impact of the war, which we are also commemorating. It seems to me that, at times, this...
More of Keith Simpson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Broadland
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Mid Norfolk
Topics of interest
Keith Simpson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Sudan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Sudan: Peace Negotiations
Currently held offices
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (since 16 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (9 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (16 Mar 2015 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (1 Jun 2002 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (10 Dec 2001 to 2 Dec 2002)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Jun 2001 to 1 Jun 2002)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 1999 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Defence) (1 Jun 1998 to 1 Jun 1999)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Keith Simpson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.78% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 101 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Keith Simpson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 297 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from