Keith Simpson’s voting in Parliament
Keith Simpson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Keith Simpson’s votes.
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
8 votes for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2008–2016
Generally voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, between 2010–2018
Almost always voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
12 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2013–2016
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, in 2013
We have lots more plain English analysis of Keith Simpson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Keith Simpson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Keith Simpson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
I begin by offering my warmest congratulations to the Secretary of State and the shadow Secretary of State on two very thoughtful and moving speeches in this important debate. I also welcome the new Minister, who will be winding up. I am sure that she will understand if I say that it is with sorrow that I recognise that her predecessor had to resign. Like a number of colleagues, I am haunted...
I thank my hon. Friend. He and I have spoken before about the tragic death of his father and about what that meant to him. I am always conscious, as I know we all are, of the impact that losses had in war, on families but on friends as well. One of the memories in the Commonwealth War Graves Commission archives, which are now being put on its website, is contained in the letters—the...
My right hon. Friend should be commended for her sangfroid a week ago in dealing with a giant ego—somebody who believes that truth is fake news and leaks continually. I am not referring here to the right hon. Member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip (Boris Johnson); I am of course referring to President Trump, who has acted in a very bizarre way over intelligence. I know that my right hon....
More of Keith Simpson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Broadland
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Mid Norfolk
Topics of interest
Keith Simpson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Sudan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Sudan: Peace Negotiations
Currently held offices
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (since 16 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (9 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (16 Mar 2015 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (1 Jun 2002 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (10 Dec 2001 to 2 Dec 2002)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Jun 2001 to 1 Jun 2002)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 1999 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Defence) (1 Jun 1998 to 1 Jun 1999)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Keith Simpson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 84.19% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 101 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Keith Simpson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 300 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Jan 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
Book Review Editor at Total Politics
magazine, 375 Kennington Lane London SE11 5QY. Paid £250 per month, until further notice. Hours: approximately 20 hrs per month. (Updated 18 May 2015)
Name of donor: Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address of donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, PO
Box 55937, Riyadh 11544
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, transport, food and accommodation with a value of £7,802
Destination of visit: Saudi Arabia
Date of visit: 11-15 February 2018
Purpose of visit: Parliamentary fact finding visit with conservative Middle East Council in order to gain a deeper understanding of the strategic links between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the UK.
(Registered 27 February 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)