Chris Ruane’s voting in Parliament
Chris Ruane is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Chris Ruane sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris Ruane generally voted for reducing capital gains tax, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Chris Ruane voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Ruane’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Ruane’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Ruane has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Has the Minister ever been to the Vale of Clwyd?
The Minister says that the consultation is upcoming; can he give us the exact date?
It is a pleasure to serve under your esteemed chairmanship, Mr Hollobone. I welcome the Minister to his place, for the second time this afternoon. He is the fourth Minister in one year; let us hope he stays around during this crucial period in our political history. I give a big thank you to my hon. Friend the Member for Wrexham (Ian C. Lucas) for securing the debate and for speaking so...
More of Chris Ruane’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Vale of Clwyd
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Electoral Register
- Written Questions
- Departmental Responsibilities
- Third Sector
- Human Trafficking
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Wales) (since 3 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Political and Constitutional Reform Committee (20 Jan 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (4 Feb 2013 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2011 to 11 Jan 2013)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (7 Dec 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (7 Dec 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Caroline Flint, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (16 Oct 2008 to 30 Dec 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Caroline Flint, Minister of State), Department for Communities and Local Government (7 Feb 2008 to 16 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Caroline Flint, Minister of State), Department for Communities and Local Government (29 Jan 2008 to 7 Feb 2008)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (14 Nov 2007 to 18 Nov 2007)
- PPS (Caroline Flint, Minister of State), Department for Work and Pensions (25 Oct 2007 to 29 Jan 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Peter Hain, Secretary of State), Wales Office (10 Nov 2005 to 15 Mar 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Peter Hain, Lord Privy Seal), Leader of the House of Commons (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (18 Jan 1999 to 16 Dec 2002)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Chris Ruane’s speeches
- Has received answers to 531 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 77.19% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 89 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Ruane’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 318 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 29 Oct 2018.
Name of donor: Aarhus University
Address of donor: Danish Center for Mindfulness, Department of Clinical Medicine, Aarhus University, Nordre, Ringgade 4, 8000 Aarhus
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Travel and accommodation with a value of £732
Destination of visit: Aarhus, Denmark
Dates of visit: 21-24 September 2017
Purpose of visit: Guest speaker
at a mental health conference at Aarhus University.
(Registered 18 October 2017
Name of donor: Associacao Calm Mind
Address of donor: Rua da Fonte, 1*, 6110-101 Vila de Rei, Portugal
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights and accommodation with a value of £460
Destination of visit: Carcavelos, Portugal
Dates of visit: 16 - 20 November 2017
Purpose of visit: Guest speaker at Mindfulness in Education Conference.
(Registered 13 December 2017
Name of donor: European Forum Alpbach Foundation
Address of donor: Franz-Josefs-Kai 13/10, 1010 Vienna
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Travel and accommodation with a value of £740
Destination of visit: Alpbach, Austria
Dates of visit: 25-28 August 2018
Purpose of visit: Guest speaker at events during Forum Alpbach Political Symposium 2018.
(Registered 27 September 2018
Name of donor: Alianza Medica (Medical Alliance Fraternity)
Address of donor: Av. Lomas Verdes No. 640 Local I (Mezanine), Col. Lomas Verdes, Naucalpan de Juárez, Estado de México, C.P. 53120
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Travel and accommodation with a value of £1,700
Destination of visit: Mexico City
Dates of visit: 28 September - 7 October 2018
Purpose of visit: Guest Mindfulness speaker at events during First World Meeting of the Medical Alliance Fraternity and meetings in both houses of Mexican Congress (Parliament).
(Registered 25 October 2018)
Name of donor: Núvitundarsetrið ehf.
Address of donor: Lágmúla 5, 108 Reykjavík, Iceland
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Travel and accommodation with a value of £600
Destination of visit: Reykjavik, Iceland
Dates of visit: 16-19 September 2018
Purpose of visit: To address Icelandic MPs on mindfulness in the Althing (National Parliament of Iceland).
(Registered 25 October 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Portugal, co-owned with my wife: (i). (Registered 29 June 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)