Chris Ruane’s voting in Parliament
Chris Ruane is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Chris Ruane sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris Ruane generally voted for reducing capital gains tax, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Chris Ruane voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Ruane’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Ruane’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Ruane has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
I, too, thank the right hon. Gentleman for coming to the House today to deliver his statement. I also thank him for his openness to meeting with north Wales Members on the issue of Wylfa Newydd. In his statement, he said that central Government were now relying more on renewables. May I put the north Wales picture to him? I can tell him that 1,500 wind turbines—sea turbines—were planned...
Penblwydd hapus, Mr Speaker, as we say in Wales. In 1991, 9 million prescriptions were written for antidepressants. By 2016, that figure had gone up to 65 million. In 2004, the National Institute for Clinical Excellence recommended and approved the science of mindfulness for the treatment of repeat episodes of depression. Can the Leader of the House guarantee a debate in Government time on...
To ask the Secretary of State for Wales, what discussions his Department had with the Prime Minister's office on the content of the Prime Minister's Brexit speech in Stoke-on-Trent on 14 January 2019.
More of Chris Ruane’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Vale of Clwyd
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Electoral Register
- Written Questions
- Departmental Responsibilities
- Third Sector
- Human Trafficking
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Wales) (since 3 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Political and Constitutional Reform Committee (20 Jan 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (4 Feb 2013 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2011 to 11 Jan 2013)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (7 Dec 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (7 Dec 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Caroline Flint, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (16 Oct 2008 to 30 Dec 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Caroline Flint, Minister of State), Department for Communities and Local Government (7 Feb 2008 to 16 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Caroline Flint, Minister of State), Department for Communities and Local Government (29 Jan 2008 to 7 Feb 2008)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (14 Nov 2007 to 18 Nov 2007)
- PPS (Caroline Flint, Minister of State), Department for Work and Pensions (25 Oct 2007 to 29 Jan 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Peter Hain, Secretary of State), Wales Office (10 Nov 2005 to 15 Mar 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Peter Hain, Lord Privy Seal), Leader of the House of Commons (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (18 Jan 1999 to 16 Dec 2002)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Jan 2019.
Name of donor: European Forum Alpbach Foundation
Address of donor: Franz-Josefs-Kai 13/10, 1010 Vienna
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Travel and accommodation with a value of £740
Destination of visit: Alpbach, Austria
Dates of visit: 25-28 August 2018
Purpose of visit: Guest speaker
at events during Forum Alpbach Political Symposium 2018.
(Registered 27 September 2018)
Name of donor: Alianza Medica (Medical Alliance Fraternity)
Address of donor: Av. Lomas Verdes No. 640 Local I (Mezanine), Col. Lomas Verdes, Naucalpan de Juárez, Estado de México, C.P. 53120
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Travel and accommodation with a value of £1,700
Destination of visit: Mexico City
Dates of visit: 28 September - 7 October 2018
Purpose of visit: Guest Mindfulness speaker at events during First World Meeting of the Medical Alliance Fraternity and meetings in both houses of Mexican Congress
(Registered 25 October 2018)
Name of donor: Núvitundarsetrið ehf.
Address of donor: Lágmúla 5, 108 Reykjavík, Iceland
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Travel and accommodation with a value of £600
Destination of visit: Reykjavik, Iceland
Dates of visit: 16-19 September 2018
Purpose of visit: To address Icelandic MPs on mindfulness in the Althing (National Parliament
(Registered 25 October 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Portugal, co-owned with my wife: (i). (Registered 29 June 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)