A selection of Frank Roy's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
1 vote for, 17 votes against, 3 absences, between 2008–2013
Generally voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, 4 absences, between 2013–2014
Generally voted for university tuition fees Show votes
9 votes for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 1997–2012
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Generally voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2015
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2013
We have lots more plain English analysis of Frank Roy’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Frank Roy’s full vote analysis page for more.
Cyber-security is a reserved matter, but will the Minister update the House on any conversations or meetings he has had with Police Scotland or the Scottish Government on this matter?
During discussions on the middle east with his European counterparts, did the Prime Minister explain why the United Kingdom has allowed only 140 refugees from Syria to come into this country?
What discussions has the Minister had with the Scottish Government in relation to the risk and responsibility for communications data?
More of Frank Roy’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Motherwell and Wishaw
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- International Development
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Libya: British Nationals Abroad
- Disability Living Allowance: Motherwell
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee of Selection (21 Jun 2010 to 13 Oct 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (12 May 2010 to 30 Sep 2010)
- Member, Committee of Selection (8 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Government Whip (5 May 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- Member, Defence Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Social Security Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 9 Nov 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Frank Roy’s speeches
- Has received answers to 31 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 63.20% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 39 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 46 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from