A selection of Terry Rooney's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Terry Rooney’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Terry Rooney’s full vote analysis page for more.
The fraud figure has fallen from about £2 billion so although it is still too high, there has been some success. At the same time, the level of loss due to overpayments has increased dramatically. What is the Department doing to drive up standards of decision making to deal with that issue?
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer (1) what steps the Office of Government Commerce is taking (a) to monitor compliance by public sector construction clients with the Common Minimum Standards, (b) to ensure that supply team workforces have Construction Skills Certification Scheme cards and (c) to exclude from tendering companies which are not compliant with the Construction Skills...
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what steps he is taking to raise awareness of the Construction Skills Certification Scheme among local government procurement officers.
More of Terry Rooney’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Bradford North
Entered the House of Commons on 8 November 1990 — unknown
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Lord Chancellor
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- Lone Parents
- Children: Maintenance
- Immigration Appellate Authority
- Personal Injury Pre-action Protocol
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, Work and Pensions Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 1 Nov 2005)
- Member, House of Lords Reform (Joint Committee) (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- PPS (Rt Hon Keith Hill, Minister of State), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Terry Rooney’s speeches
- Has received answers to 19 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.52% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 57 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 108 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from