Geoffrey Robinson’s voting in Parliament
Geoffrey Robinson is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Geoffrey Robinson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Geoffrey Robinson consistently voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Geoffrey Robinson generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Geoffrey Robinson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Geoffrey Robinson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Geoffrey Robinson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
Is the Secretary of State aware that there is widespread support in the House for his Government’s commitment to enact the principle of deemed consent for organ donation? He knows from a previous meeting that my private Member’s Bill is due for its Second Reading early in the new year. Will he therefore agree to an early meeting now, so that we can co-ordinate the two and see how...
My hon. Friend the Member for Ealing North (Stephen Pound) sought to leave the Minister with two impressions: one was a series of four questions—we all look forward to the answers—and the other was a compliment on his speech. I am afraid that I cannot agree with my hon. Friend, because I thought the speech lacked any ministerial intent to do anything about this problem. The...
No, my hon. Friend has had a good go already and other Members wish to speak. My hon. Friend the Member for North West Durham (Laura Pidcock) wants to contribute, for example. The Minister has had an offer—it is unprecedented, in my experience—from the West Midlands police and crime commissioner to get into a dialogue about specifics, because we need action or legislation from...
More of Geoffrey Robinson’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Coventry North West
Entered the House of Commons on 4 March 1976 — unknown
Topics of interest
Geoffrey Robinson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- English Language: Education
- Disciplinary Investigations
- Accident and Emergency Departments
Other offices held in the past
- Paymaster General (HM Treasury) (3 May 1997 to 20 Dec 1998)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 6 Feb 1984)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Trade and Industry) (1 Jun 1983 to 1 Jun 1987)
- Shadow Spokerperson (Science) (1 Jun 1982 to 1 Jun 1983)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Geoffrey Robinson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.71% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 120 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Geoffrey Robinson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 474 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
New Statesman Limited (unremunerated chairman). Duties in addition to those of chairman include advising magazine about its outward facing activities. Address: John Carpenter House, 7 Carmelite Street, London EC4Y OAN. (Updated 28 January 2015
Unremunerated director of The National Mathematics and Science College Ltd (previously Warwick International College) (see category 7 above). (Registered 15 October 2015
; updated 20 April 2017
From July 2015, unremunerated business adviser to the Coventry and Warwickshire Growth Hub, a subsidiary of the Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership. (Registered 16 May 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from