Geoffrey Robinson’s voting in Parliament
Geoffrey Robinson is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Geoffrey Robinson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Geoffrey Robinson almost always voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Geoffrey Robinson generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Geoffrey Robinson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Geoffrey Robinson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Geoffrey Robinson has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
I present this petition on behalf of the residents of the Coventry North West constituency, whom I have the honour to represent. It is about the “Home education: call for evidence and revised Department for Education guidance”, which is now, in effect, operative. The petition states: The petition of residents of Coventry North West constituency, Declare that the ‘Home...
GKN 24 Apr 2018
Is the Secretary of State aware that short selling has been the decisive factor in this, and that that is a matter of great concern throughout the House? Also, he has rightly been concerned about the reputation of Melrose Industries plc for taking short-term measures. It cuts, closes and sells on at a profit. That is its reputation and, as far as I am aware, that is what it has invariably...
I do not much like self-congratulation, and moments when the House gets self-congratulatory can be embarrassing, but on this occasion I am delighted to say that we have seen the House at its best. I say that because we have had a debate where not only have high standards of rational argument been deployed, but deep emotions—we all feel them—have not been kept from us. That unique...
More of Geoffrey Robinson’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Coventry North West
Entered the House of Commons on 4 March 1976 — unknown
Topics of interest
Geoffrey Robinson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- English Language: Education
- Disciplinary Investigations
- Accident and Emergency Departments
Other offices held in the past
- Paymaster General (HM Treasury) (3 May 1997 to 20 Dec 1998)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 6 Feb 1984)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Trade and Industry) (1 Jun 1983 to 1 Jun 1987)
- Shadow Spokerperson (Science) (1 Jun 1982 to 1 Jun 1983)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Geoffrey Robinson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 59.48% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 111 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Geoffrey Robinson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 489 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Aug 2018.
New Statesman Limited (unremunerated chairman). Duties in addition to those of chairman include advising magazine about its outward facing activities. Address: John Carpenter House, 7 Carmelite Street, London EC4Y OAN. (Updated 28 January 2015
Unremunerated director of The National Mathematics and Science College Ltd (previously Warwick International College) (see category 7 above). (Registered 15 October 2015
; updated 20 April 2017
From July 2015, unremunerated business adviser to the Coventry and Warwickshire Growth Hub, a subsidiary of the Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership. (Registered 16 May 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from