Geoffrey Robinson’s voting in Parliament
Geoffrey Robinson is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Geoffrey Robinson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Geoffrey Robinson consistently voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Geoffrey Robinson generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Geoffrey Robinson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Geoffrey Robinson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Geoffrey Robinson has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
Does the Secretary of State not agree that the fit and proper person test referred to by my right hon. Friend the Member for Doncaster North (Edward Miliband) a moment ago is, as she put it, an “ongoing” process? Surely that must mean that past behaviour is also taken into account. Without compromising her quasi-judicial position, will she say whether the previous behaviour of...
Is the Secretary of State aware that the reassurances he has obtained from Peugeot, welcome as they are, are very limited in extent and duration, and that it would probably not take much longer than that if it were decided to close one of the British factories, which is exactly what happened at Ryton in Coventry, as the hon. Member for Rugby (Mark Pawsey) would confirm? Is it not therefore...
Will the Minister give way?
More of Geoffrey Robinson’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Coventry North West
Entered the House of Commons on 4 March 1976 — unknown
Topics of interest
Geoffrey Robinson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- English Language: Education
- Disciplinary Investigations
- Accident and Emergency Departments
Other offices held in the past
- Paymaster General (HM Treasury) (3 May 1997 to 20 Dec 1998)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 6 Feb 1984)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Trade and Industry) (1 Jun 1983 to 1 Jun 1987)
- Shadow Spokerperson (Science) (1 Jun 1982 to 1 Jun 1983)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Geoffrey Robinson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.35% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 121 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Geoffrey Robinson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 472 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Warwick International College; a sixth form college for overseas students. (Registered 23 September 2015
; updated 15 October 2015
New Statesman Limited (unremunerated chairman). Duties in addition to those of chairman include advising magazine about its outward facing activities. Address: John Carpenter House, 7 Carmelite Street, London EC4Y OAN. (Updated 28 January 2015
Unremunerated director of Warwick International College (see category 7 above). (Registered 15 October 2015)
From July 2015, unremunerated business adviser to the Coventry and Warwickshire Growth Hub, a subsidiary of the Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership. (Registered 16 May 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from