A selection of Ken Purchase's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 6 votes against, between 2003–2007
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
7 votes for, 1 vote against, between 1999–2007
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
37 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 2007–2009
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 1997–2004
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2004–2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ken Purchase’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ken Purchase’s full vote analysis page for more.
Does the hon. Gentleman agree that the 1988 Act was a seminal moment in the bureaucracy of education, and that in many ways things have gone downhill since, in terms of what teachers, head teachers and local authorities have had to do in producing league tables, SATs results and a raft of unnecessary changes to the working day in schools?
To ask the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families when he expects to answer Question 324573, on Ofsted, tabled on 23 March 2010.
To ask the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families what the cost was of Ofsted's operations in the last year for which figures are available; and what targets there are for Ofsted to reduce its expenditure in the next three years.
More of Ken Purchase’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Wolverhampton North East
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Party was Labour/Co-operative until 11 Apr 2005
Topics of interest
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Schools and Families
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Education and Skills
- Council Housing
- Asylum: Bahrain
- Steel Barriers
- Committee on Standards in Public Life
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Ken Purchase’s speeches
- Has received answers to 15 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.09% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 23 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 194 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from