A selection of Gordon Prentice's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against university tuition fees Show votes
7 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 1997–2004
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2004–2010
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
7 votes for, 1 vote against, between 1999–2007
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
40 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2006–2009
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gordon Prentice’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gordon Prentice’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills what recent discussions he has had with the Post Office on the possible establishment of a Post Bank; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office how many times her Department has appealed against a decision notice from the Information Commissioner since 2005.
More of Gordon Prentice’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Pendle
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Prime Minister
- House of Lords
- Departmental Postal Services
- Regional Assemblies
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 59 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Gordon Prentice’s speeches
- Has received answers to 188 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 83.62% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 33 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 367 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from