A selection of Bridget Prentice's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 9 votes against, in 2007
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2010
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
37 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 2006–2009
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 1999–2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Bridget Prentice’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Bridget Prentice’s full vote analysis page for more.
Our current guidance reminds burial ground managers not to discriminate in the way common graves are provided in cemeteries and encourages them to be treated with as much sensitivity and respect as any other graves.
The Tribunals Service is only able to provide figures for each administrative area from 2007-08. Prior to this, disability living allowance appeals were administered by the Appeals Service, an agency of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). The DWP is unable to break down its figures in the way the hon. Member has requested. The First-tier Tribunal-Social Security and Child Support has...
The data requested are not held centrally.
More of Bridget Prentice’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Lewisham East
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Local Government and the Regions
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- London Underground
- Unfair Terms Regulations
- Replica Firearms
- Prisons (Drugs)
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Ministry of Justice (9 May 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Constitutional Affairs (11 May 2005 to 9 May 2007)
- Member, Court of Referees Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Assistant Whip (13 Jun 2003 to 11 May 2005)
- Assistant Whip (6 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Bridget Prentice’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.06% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 365 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from