A selection of Greg Pope's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 1997–2004
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 7 votes against, between 2003–2007
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 1999–2007
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
36 votes for, 1 vote against, 5 absences, between 2006–2009
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2004–2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Greg Pope’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Greg Pope’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families if he will extend the terms of reference of his Department's review of the provisions which prevent the promotion of racism in schools to include the activities of Hizb ut-Tahrir.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government when he intends to announce the Disabled Facilities Grants allocation for Hyndburn borough council for the year 2010-11.
To ask the Minister of State, Department for Transport when he expects to announce his decision on whether to proceed with the proposed Pennine Reach bus service.
More of Greg Pope’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Hyndburn
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Ministerial Travel
- Departmental Marketing
- Members: Correspondence
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Assistant Whip (6 May 1997 to 11 Jun 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Greg Pope’s speeches
- Has received answers to 12 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.13% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 27 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 49 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from