A selection of Sandra Osborne's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 9 votes against, 2 absences, between 2013–2014
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2007–2015
Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2010
Generally voted for university tuition fees Show votes
9 votes for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 1998–2012
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 10 votes against, between 2010–2013
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
1 vote for, 23 votes against, 7 absences, between 2013–2015
We have lots more plain English analysis of Sandra Osborne’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Sandra Osborne’s full vote analysis page for more.
I congratulate my hon. Friend on securing this important debate. When the Equality Act 2006 was passed, it was believed that voluntary pay audits would help to solve the problem. They have not, but she is illustrating how they are not the answer in any case. Does she agree that we need to take a whole new look at the law on equal pay?
Will the hon. Gentleman give way?
Will my hon. Friend give way?
More of Sandra Osborne’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Also represented Ayr
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Local Government and the Regions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- HMS Gannet
- National Air Traffic Services
- Equality and Human Rights Commission
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (20 May 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (28 Nov 2011 to 4 Mar 2013)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (10 Jan 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Defence Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 10 Jun 2013)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Apr 2004 to 11 Apr 2010)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (2 Mar 1998 to 29 Nov 1999)
- Member, Information Committee (1 Jun 1997 to 1 Jun 2000)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Sandra Osborne’s speeches
- Has received answers to 12 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 59.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 35 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 154 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobald’s Road, London, WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: Artillery House, 11-19 Artillery Row, London SW1P 1RT
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights (£505.76), visa (£37) accommodation (£292), airport transfer and in-country travel (£97), conference lunch/dinner (£69) and subsistence (£93); total £1,093.76
Purpose of visit: to attend the annual meeting of the Coalition of Women MPs from Arab countries to combat violence against women and also the third quarterly meeting of its administrative board.
(Registered 27 January 2015)
The group, Friends of Scottish Racing, which I chair, received 15 tickets (total value £1,807.20) for Musselburgh Racecourse
and hospitality on Saturday 14 June 2014
from Scottish Racing, Hamilton Park Racecourse, Bothwell Road, Hamilton ML3 ODW
. The benefit to individual Members is below registrable value. (Registered 1 July 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from