A selection of Mike O'Brien’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 1999–2007.
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, between 1998–2004.
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007.
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
37 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 2006–2009.
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
9 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2003–2007.
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike O'Brien’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike O'Brien’s full vote analysis page for more.
The information is not available in the format requested. However, capital expenditure on buildings and dwellings for the East Lancashire Hospitals Trust (which includes Burnley General Hospital) for the years 2002-03 to 2008-09 is shown in the following table: £000 Tangible fixed assets-Purchased additions Buildings excluding dwellings Dwellings 2008-09 5,472 141 ...
The data requested are not available in the format required. However, information on the number of general practitioners (GPs) (excluding retainers and registrars) between 2002-09 at Stockport Primary Care Trust (PCT) and Tameside and Glossop PCT is shown in the following table: 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 Stockport PCT 170 177 182 186 190 195 195 ...
The Government have put in place a programme of national health service investment and reform since 1997 to improve service delivery in all parts of the United Kingdom. 93 per cent. of people nationally now rate the NHS as good or excellent. The NHS Constitution contains 25 rights and 14 pledges for patients and the public including new rights to be treated within 18-weeks, or be seen by a...
More of Mike O'Brien’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for North Warwickshire
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Council Borrowing
- Anti-crime Agencies
- Prescription Charges
- Historic Environment
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Health Services), Department of Health (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Minister of State, Department for Energy and Climate Change ( 6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Minister of State (Pension Reform), Department for Work and Pensions (13 Jul 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions (28 Jun 2007 to 13 Jul 2007)
- Solicitor General, Law Officers' Department (11 May 2005 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Minister of State (Energy & e-Commerce), Department of Trade and Industry ( 4 Nov 2004 to 11 May 2005)
- Minister of State, Department of Trade and Industry (10 Sep 2004 to 4 Nov 2004)
- Minister of State (Trade), Department of Trade and Industry (13 Jun 2003 to 10 Sep 2004)
- Minister of State (Trade), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (13 Jun 2003 to 10 Sep 2004)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Foreign & Commonwealth Office (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office ( 5 May 1997 to 11 Jun 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.