A selection of Dan Norris's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Dan Norris’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Dan Norris’s full vote analysis page for more.
The total cost of employing staff in the DEFRA press office for the period of 1 April 2009 to 28 February 2010 was £906,316.80. Figures for March 2010 are not yet available. DEFRA was established in 2001. There are therefore no figures available for press office costs in 1996-97.
There have been no complaints about the DEFRA website in the last three years through DEFRA's formal complaints process or via ministerial correspondence. We do not keep statistics of the ad hoc website feedback received by e-mail through the "Contact Us" option on the site. Where negative comments are received they are generally about the content rather than the operation of the website. In...
Expenditure on external website design consultants in the last three years is shown in the following table. Design consultancy costs (£) 2007-08 0 2008-09 59,447 2009-10 56,979 Full external costs for the DEFRA website for this period were provided in the answer given on 27 January 2010, Official Report, column 871W to the hon. Member for Welwyn Hatfield (Grant Shapps).
More of Dan Norris’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Wansdyke
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Education Provision(Bath and North East Somerset)
- Middle East
- Key Stage Tests
- Public Libraries: Internet
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Members' Allowances Committee (10 Feb 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon David Miliband, Secretary of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Peter Hain, Secretary of State), Northern Ireland Office (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2005 to 18 Jul 2006)
- Assistant Whip (funded by HM Treasury) (12 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Dan Norris’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 80.36% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 40 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 38 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from