A selection of Denis Murphy's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2007
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 1999–2007
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
35 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 2006–2009
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
9 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2003–2007
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Denis Murphy’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Denis Murphy’s full vote analysis page for more.
I congratulate my hon. Friend on securing this debate and on his many years of excellent work, in this House, in trying to secure justice for individuals such as Mr. Robinson, a constituent of mine, who, six years agowhen he was a fit, young man of 43 yearshad to be vaccinated for hepatitis B as part of his work as a forensic scientist. Two days later he was taken ill, and...
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (1) how many (a) complaints and (b) other representations his Department has received on the actions of bailiffs in the pursuit of child support arrears in the last 12 months; (2) how much has been paid to bailiffs in fees and charges by the Child Maintenance and Enforcement Commission and its predecessor for the pursuit of child...
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice how many licensed bailiffs there are in each parliamentary constituency.
More of Denis Murphy’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Wansbeck
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Miners' Compensation
- Departmental Freedom of Information
- Child Support Agency
- Tax Credits
Other offices held in the past
- Member, North East Regional Select Committee (24 Apr 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (17 Oct 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Denis Murphy’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.86% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 43 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 44 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from