Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
A selection of Kali Mountford's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, between 1997–2004
Voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2010
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
14 votes for, 0 votes against, 28 absences, between 2006–2009
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 1999–2007
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
Generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 8 absences, between 2003–2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kali Mountford’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kali Mountford’s full vote analysis page for more.
May I pay my own personal tribute to all the officers we have lost and give my condolences to their families? I am sure we miss them all. May I ask the Prime Minister why, in his view, fairness should be the hallmark of a good Government?
I have been a Member in this House for a little while now, and during that time I have discussed demographic change on many occasions. The hon. Member for Eastbourne (Mr. Waterson) has been in the Chamber for some of those debates, and we have had several exchanges about the need to look ahead at what we must do for people in the future. It is therefore a little remiss to have forgotten...
I shall do my best to sit down, if the hon. Gentleman will give me a moment to do so.
More of Kali Mountford’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Colne Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Lord Chancellor
- Trade and Industry
- Dispute Resolution
- Occupational Pensions Regulatory Authority
- Donors: Health Education
Other offices held in the past
- PPS (Rt Hon Des Browne, Secretary of State), Ministry of Defence (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (6 Dec 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Des Browne, Chief Secretary), HM Treasury (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jan 2005 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (28 May 2004 to 11 Jun 2004)
- PPS (Mr Des Browne, Minister of State), Home Office (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Kali Mountford’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 47.44% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 73 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 186 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from