A selection of Elliot Morley's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
36 votes for, 1 vote against, 5 absences, between 2006–2009
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 1999–2007
Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensions
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 5 votes against, 1 absence, between 2003–2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Elliot Morley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Elliot Morley’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Minister for the Olympics (1) if she will direct the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games to ensure that over half of the chicken and egg products on sale at the London 2012 Olympic Games are procured from producers which adhere to high animal welfare standards; (2) if she will require catering outlets and franchises awarded contracts for the London 2012 Olympic...
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice how many (a) prosecutions, (b) convictions and (c) cautions there were in 2008 for offences under the Hunting Act 2004.
More of Elliot Morley’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Scunthorpe
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Also represented Glanford and Scunthorpe
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform
- Communities and Local Government
- Birds: Imports
- Animal Welfare
- Breast Cancer
- Grasslands: Nature Conservation
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (10 Aug 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, Energy and Climate Change Committee (22 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (20 Jan 2009 to 22 Jan 2009)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
- Minister of State (Climate Change and Environment), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (17 Jun 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Minister of State (Environment and Agri-Environment), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (13 Jun 2003 to 17 Jun 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (11 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Fisheries and the Countryside), Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (5 May 1997 to 8 Jun 2001)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Elliot Morley’s speeches
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.61% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 19 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1173 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from