As a result of COVID-19, some MPs have been less able to vote in Parliament, and this will be reflected in their voting record.
Show more detail
- 11th May to 2nd June 2020
All MPs could vote remotely through an online voting tool. Votes cast remotely are shown as normal on the TheyWorkForYou voting record.
- 2nd to 9th June 2020
The option of online voting was removed, and a number of MPs may have been unable to vote because they were not physically able to attend.
- 10th June 2020 onwards
The requirements on proxy voting were relaxed, allowing MPs to designate another MP to cast a vote on their behalf.
If an MP votes by proxy, it is effectively exactly the same as if they cast the vote in person and it shows up on their TheyWorkForYou voting record.
MPs are not required to designate a proxy, and may instead pair with an opposing MP to miss a vote. Parliament does not record when two MPs have come to a pairing arrangement, so on TheyWorkForYou, they will both appear to have been absent for the vote.
We will update this information if the situation changes. See more detail on votes during the COVID-19 period here.
A selection of Elliot Morley’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 5 votes against, 1 absence, between 2003–2007.
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 1999–2007.
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
36 votes for, 1 vote against, 5 absences, between 2006–2009.
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008.
Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensions
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Elliot Morley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Elliot Morley’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Minister for the Olympics (1) if she will direct the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games to ensure that over half of the chicken and egg products on sale at the London 2012 Olympic Games are procured from producers which adhere to high animal welfare standards; (2) if she will require catering outlets and franchises awarded contracts for the London 2012 Olympic...
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice how many (a) prosecutions, (b) convictions and (c) cautions there were in 2008 for offences under the Hunting Act 2004.
More of Elliot Morley’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Scunthorpe
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Also represented Glanford and Scunthorpe
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform
- Communities and Local Government
- Birds: Imports
- Animal Welfare
- Breast Cancer
- Grasslands: Nature Conservation
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (10 Aug 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, Energy and Climate Change Committee (22 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (20 Jan 2009 to 22 Jan 2009)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
- Minister of State (Climate Change and Environment), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (17 Jun 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Minister of State (Environment and Agri-Environment), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (13 Jun 2003 to 17 Jun 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (11 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Fisheries and the Countryside), Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (5 May 1997 to 8 Jun 2001)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from