A selection of Julie Morgan's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julie Morgan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julie Morgan’s full vote analysis page for more.
My first petition was organised by Cathay Birch. Unlike other social tenants, Gypsies and Travellers on rented pitches have no rights to security of tenure, and both the European Court of Human Rights and the House of Lords have said that that amounts to a breach of human rights. The Government have recognised that, and have said that they will amend the law by including council sites in the...
My second petition, to which there are 15 signatures, concerns the proposed eviction of Gypsy and Traveller families at Dale Farm and Hovefields by Basildon council. It was organised by Ann Dean. The families include invalid schoolchildren, some of whom have special needs, elderly people, and many who are living on their own land. The petition states: The Petition of families at Dale Farm and...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health what steps his Department is taking to ensure that medical treatment of prisoners with tuberculosis continues on leaving custody.
More of Julie Morgan’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Cardiff North
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- International Development
- Trade and Industry
- Asylum Seekers
- Equal Pay
- National Offender Management Service
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 45 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Julie Morgan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 25 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 79.19% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 27 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 288 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from