A selection of Margaret Moran's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
3 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 1999–2007
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 6 absences, between 2003–2007
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
39 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2006–2009
Voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Margaret Moran’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Margaret Moran’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health (1) what guidance he has issued to primary care trusts on the use of full pelvic examinations in cases of suspected cervical cancer; (2) what research his Department has (a) commissioned and (b) undertaken on the detection and diagnosis of cervical cancer (i) in general and (ii) among those aged between 20 and 24 years in the last 12 months.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health which primary care trusts provide services for clinical depression; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what steps he plans to take to evaluate the effectiveness of his Department's Prevent programme; and if he will make a statement.
More of Margaret Moran’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Luton South
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Duchy of Lancaster
- Work and Pensions
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Domestic Violence
- Non-Profit Making Associations
- Offences Against Children: Internet
- Forced Marriage
Other offices held in the past
- Chairman, East of England Regional Select Committee (26 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, East of England Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 26 Mar 2009)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (14 Jun 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 29 Nov 2006)
- Member, Information Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Assistant Whip (13 Jun 2003 to 11 May 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Margaret Moran’s speeches
- Has received answers to 177 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 47.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 41 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 114 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from