A selection of Gillian Merron's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gillian Merron’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gillian Merron’s full vote analysis page for more.
I refer the hon. Member to the answer I gave her on 8 March 2010, Official Report, column 51W. The information requested was placed in the Library on 18 March 2010.
As humans may be infected by E. coli O157 through a variety of routes there are several different Government Departments that contribute to reducing the chances of an outbreak. Humans may become infected when they consume contaminated food or water, by direct or indirect contact with animals that carry E. coli O157 or from exposure to an environment contaminated with animals' faeces, such...
The Department has provided capital funding of £8 million for the Health Protection Agency (HPA) to install new digital x-ray machines at Gatwick and Heathrow to replace the old ones in a phased programme across 2008-09. These have been installed and are fully functioning. In addition, an electronic notification system for results of screening is being piloted across the country to...
More of Gillian Merron’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Lincoln
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Local Government and the Regions
- Education and Skills
- Drug Abuse Services
- Lincolnshire County Council
- Shared Residency Orders
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Public Health), Department of Health (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Foreign & Commonwealth Office (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for International Development (25 Jan 2008 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Secretary (the East Midlands), Cabinet Office (28 Jun 2007 to 25 Jan 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Transport (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Selection Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 3 Aug 2006)
- Government Whip (technically a Lords Commissioner, HM Treasury) (17 Dec 2004 to 8 May 2006)
- Assistant Whip (funded by HM Treasury) (28 Oct 2002 to 17 Dec 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Gillian Merron’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 84.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 18 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 51 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 258 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
Address of donor: PO
Box 15, Deacon Road, Lincoln, LN2 4JB.
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: sponsorship of MP
's Christmas card competition for local schoolchildren (total £1221.13, covering printing of cards and second-class postage).
Date of acceptance: 15 October 2009
Donor status: company, registration number 232799
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
8. Land and Property
Flat in London which is rented out.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from